• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Critical Thinking

Lark

I maybe posted this before or something similar to it, I know I did post something like it at another forum personality cafe, what way do you define critical thinking? Is it just skepticism? Is it more than that?

I'm interested in this because one of my favourite psychologists considers it a necessary trait to develop to overcome "modern character neurosis", there's a couple other factors too but I think he considers the critical thinking a necessary trait to adjustment or adaptation, particularly if your circumstances arent ideal.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Can you do a day without creating a thread?

Do you feel so alone in the world that your every banal thought requires external validation?

Is this what you wanted to become when you were a little boy? A thread whore.

Jaguar

I maybe posted this before or something similar to it, I know I did post something like it at another forum personality cafe, what way do you define critical thinking? Is it just skepticism? Is it more than that?

I'm interested in this because one of my favourite psychologists considers it a necessary trait to develop to overcome "modern character neurosis", there's a couple other factors too but I think he considers the critical thinking a necessary trait to adjustment or adaptation, particularly if your circumstances arent ideal.

You're interested in something because your fav psychologist says so.
Whether you realize it or not, there is something wrong there.
Let's hope light dawns.

Lark

You're interested in something because your fav psychologist says so.
Whether you realize it or not, there is something wrong there.
Let's hope light dawns.

Hmm, dont quite understand what you mean by that besides an attempt at a put down.

Better luck next time buddy.

You're ignored.

Jaguar

Hmm, dont quite understand what you mean by that besides an attempt at a put down.

Because you fail to comprehend the meaning in a post, you automatically assume it's a "put down."
That's illogical.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

Here's my definition:

Critical thinking means to question the framework or assumptions given in a situation, and to try to get at the heart of this issue instead of what is presented. This is step one: identifying the correct question. After that comes step two which is the ability to reason toward the correct answer.

human101

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx
didn't einstein say if he was given one hour to save the world he would spend 55 minutes thinking about what saving the world means then 5 minutes saving it