User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Spending types?

Another awesome member. Curator's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram

Im quite careful with my money, but will treat myself or loved ones occasionally... when decing on large purchases I carefully weigh the pros and cons, although sometimes I may slightly fudge the pros to make it a tad bit better...at least ive noticed this trend.
    You are not powerless, you just need to accept your power for what it is, a part of the whole, no one man can save the world, but you can be a light to those who envelope themselves in darkness, The candle that sparks the inferno.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I think I spurge the most on food. I have weak will power around food. With everything else I'm pretty bargain conscience and never spend what I don't have, or get into debt. I save as much money as I can and my bills always get paid first and on time.

One thing I haven't done yet but long to do is travel and see the world. And I know that's expensive. I'm looking into ways to keep the costs low.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I hate to spend money... it makes me feel uncomfortable not to have it there

however, I have no qualms about spending money on food or an occasional gift for a friend or loved one, but I don't usually like to spend much on myself for some reason
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I can spend the shit out of some cash when the time calls for it.

[YOUTUBE="gaCK5P2pnCk"]Money isn't real[/YOUTUBE]

I follow my budget which ensures there's a specific amount saved, based on a comfortable retirement formula, as well as an emergency fund for large ticket items like home repair or replacement of appliances, etc. Within the budgetary amount, bills and necessities are deducted. Whatever's left within the budgetary amount can be spent in any way.

But I don't waste money on trendy "must haves" like Louis Vuitton bags or Louboutin shoes. My preference leans to well-cut, well tailored, good fabric, timeless clothing or if casual, comfortable.

My soft spot is driving experience. Cannot stand driving crappy cars. Perform or go home.

I only spend a fraction of what I make (net). I think this has come as a result of having observed my parents, who fritter away their money very, very quickly.

The most expensive thing I own is a car. All the other 'toys' (computer, TV, stereo, etc.) are second-hand and old. I don't like buying things. I agonize over purchases; it took me two years to find a car I wanted. I've been trying to find a new pair of shoes for three months.

I don't really have a budget though, just an aversion to spending money.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What are you like spending? Do you allow yourself to be impulsive and buy what you want or do you find your conscience inhibits you?
    I avoid spending more than necessary on things. If I can get something at a bargain, or even used in a thift store, I do. On the other hand, I will willingly buy new and even costly items if I have a real need for them, and they are worth it (good quality, suitable to my purposes, etc.) I rarely buy on impulse, especially for more costly purchases. I determine what I want, and research available options carefully. The only exception to this is relatively inexpensive gifts for others. I am not stingy about more expensive gifts, just tend to research them ahead of time as well. To me, this is not so much a matter of conscience, as making wise use of available resources; ensuring I have enough money to cover emergencies, as well as making sure the things I buy will be satisfactory in the long run.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm extremely indecisive, even when it comes to buying something I really want. I'll grab something off the shelf, and then maybe twenty minutes later, i'll get all indecisive and put it back, then 20 minutes later. Sometimes I may go back a second time to get it again. I just hate spending my own money.

The indecisiveness comes from the "Do I just WANT it, or do I NEED it?" factor.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by HotpinkHeatwave View Post
    I'm extremely indecisive, even when it comes to buying something I really want. I'll grab something off the shelf, and then maybe twenty minutes later, i'll get all indecisive and put it back, then 20 minutes later. Sometimes I may go back a second time to get it again. I just hate spending my own money.

The indecisiveness comes from the "Do I just WANT it, or do I NEED it?" factor.
    Me too. I can stand there agonizing forever over whether I should get it (will I use it? love it? will it break? is this a good value? do I have one already? is it really worth X dollars?....etc), even if it's just a few dollars. The biggest thing is value and my predicted future use/enjoyment of it compared to other options. There are often better options. So I love second hand stores...although there it can be easy to buy things you won't use.

I don't have a budget since I don't have a large income or many fixed expenses (just rent and bottom-of-the-line phone) so it tends to seem like more trouble than it's worth, although it's a good habit that I probably should get into sometime. I tend to spend relatively little, though. My one big expense is food where I probably spend more money than most people on groceries, although I don't eat out or go to bars/clubs much (maybe 1-2 times a month on average).

If I had more money I'd probably splurge a bit more, but not extreme amounts. I don't feel deprived now.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I buy things in hopes of taking it back.
    Oh, its
    You