User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Spending types?

MBTI
    ESFJ

I can be a cheap bastard and spot a bargain a mile away but i do have moments where i think screw it and i'll spend a lot of cash and feel great for it .. Now granted the items i buy are usually for other people so i must remember to find balance soon and spend lots of cash on ME

What shoes and bags .. OK then
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

I cloyingly purchase food.
    It is dsgusting how much I have spent and can spend. Though I do not regret it.
    I N V I C T U S

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    I am always conscious of my spending. I'm not impulsive at all with material things. If I need something I don't hesitate, but not much falls into the need category for me.
    I'm pretty much the same. I'm aware of everything I spend, and keep to a budget. I'm really disciplined with that sort of thing. I think it started out as more of a necessity, as right out of college I had an hourly job that paid little, so every little thing mattered; and I guess once my salary started increasing my spending habits didn't change - it's more of a lifestyle at this point.

I tend not to buy much of anything outside of actual necessities like rent/food/bills, except for maybe $50/month for stuff like going out for coffee or a meal with a friend. Everything else goes into savings, and savings is utilized for traveling or it just stays in savings. Traveling/experiences are my priority when it comes to 'luxuries' - not things.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    NICE

I keep my spare change in a secret pocket, hidden in a little bag.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6-5

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What are you like spending? Do you allow yourself to be impulsive and buy what you want or do you find your conscience inhibits you?
    I'm frugal and practical. I save for emergencies and rainy days and occasionally treat myself to a new toy/vacation splurge. So yes, my conscience inhibits me. Being unemployed amplifies this too.
    Type 6w5 sp/so/sx I think..I have not fully explored this and just discovered it.

MBTI
    INTJ

First rule is quality over quantity.

Somethings you can get the cheap stuff and be fine, others you hurt yourself being cheap.

But usually I get what I like.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm cautious with money. I always make some money stashed away for emergencies. I don't overspend on frivolous things. I'm not overly stingy either and I will make minor impulse purchases but I always make sure that I have enough money left over to cover for unexpected emergencies. I pay my bills in full each month. I minimize debt for two reasons. I don't like the idea of owing people things. Second, the interest rates on credit cards are astronomical and if you're not careful you could just be spiralling into a deeper and deeper debt hole. The only debt I have right now is my student loan payment. I tend to prefer buying practical and functional things to things that just look nice but don't serve much useful purpose. That's not to say I'll only buy hideously ugly but functional things. I do care about the looks of things like my car and furniture to some extent but I'm not about to pay a substantially greater amount of money on it just because it looks better.

I feel like an ISTJ right now.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Credit cards are great if you use them right. They can save a fair bit of money with the random bonuses they have, and as long as you pay off the bill when it arrives, don't incur any interest. The best thing being how they boost your credit rating if you use them like this. Makes for a much better mortgage or what-have-you done the line.

All for no extra cost, except the added temptation to spend money you don't have.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i think my spending habits are quite healthy. i do buy small stuff impulsively if i got the money for that, but i do stop and think about it, so maybe its more like that impulsion drives me, but i dont necessarily act on them. i try to live in modest ways in general, so that i would have some money left for fun things too. i think im reasonably good on handling money
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    ENFJ

I'm a spender... I'm also very generous with other people.
    If I'm cold, I typically don't go home to get a jacket, I buy a new one
    I try to dicipline myself, but I can spend ridiculous amounts of money