User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Spending types?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm TERRIBLE with spending money.

I had $1000 at the beginning of the school year and it's all gone now.

It's not so much that I buy a lot of stuff for myself, but when I'm with other people, I can be a little too generous with my money, and impulsively buy a lot of stuff I don't need or for other people. This includes giving people rides (I'm one of the only ones out of my friends that drives yet and has a car).

So! I'm paying for it now. I work a part time job, make minimum wage, and pay for my own gas. My dad doesn't help, so I'm kind of paying the bill for the careless lifestyle I'm trying to wean off of.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I'm TERRIBLE with spending money.

I had $1000 at the beginning of the school year and it's all gone now.

It's not so much that I buy a lot of stuff for myself, but when I'm with other people, I can be a little too generous with my money, and impulsively buy a lot of stuff I don't need or for other people. This includes giving people rides (I'm one of the only ones out of my friends that drives yet and has a car).

So! I'm paying for it now. I work a part time job, make minimum wage, and pay for my own gas. My dad doesn't help, so I'm kind of paying the bill for the careless lifestyle I'm trying to wean off of.
    Well $1000 in 6 months it's really not that big of an expenditure...around 180 $ a month, which means around 6$ a day.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

I'm pretty frugal, actually. I will buy things that are absolutely necessary, but I tend to make do for periods without them, putting off spending money on things that most people would buy right away if they were out.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I'm pretty good I think. I only allow myself to be impulsive with food, but usually food is not extremely expensive, thus my pocket tends not to bleed.
    Sometimes I do this, but food is expensive too where I am. I only splurge on rare occasions. I sometimes go to farmer's markets to get quality produce at a slightly higher rate, but I feel that I'm supporting local growers, so it is a justified expenditure.

I often wish I was a more impulsive spender. I get teased about it a lot, but I'll often spend so much time looking at things and never purchasing them. I put so much back during the course of shopping that it's ridiculous.

I'm reticent to spend a lot on books because I have a library and the internet available to me. I used to do what Lux does and splurge on only books, but I can't make myself do it anymore. Books ain't cheap either.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I always save, but also like to spend (not touching said saved money).

It is not spontaneous, but I do like the finer things in life, will give them some thought and then get a smaller number of very nice things - like an expensive car, a new house, a trip, an expensive bottle of bordeaux or malbec, a massage, etc. I always pay cash.

Exceptions:
    Clothes - usually wait till I'm desperate - on-line order or go to the store and buy a bunch of things; i don't focus on deals; just get what I like and get in and out of the store as fast as possible
    Books - this comes closest to the impulse spend; or maybe a copy of some trashy magazine like "In Touch"

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    It is not spontaneous, but I do like the finer things in life, will give them some thought and then get a smaller number of very nice things - like an expensive car, a new house, a trip, an expensive bottle of bordeaux or malbec, a massage, etc. I always pay cash.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

I'm incredibly cheap, most of the time. I get buyer's remourse before I even purchase anything. Except for some things. Some things I've been told I'm quite a snob about. I don't like to spend money, but I like fancy things. It's a difficult life I live. *sigh*

Father says if I think it's difficult now, wait until I get a wife.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I've never had that much money, so I have nothing to spend! hahaha Anyway, I'm usually good with spending. Not because I go out of my way to be, but because I rarely want anything.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

I buy a little of everything, one real good item, one cheap item, one so-so etc.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i am something of a spendthrift, i could not be more nonchalant about money. i don't give a second's thought about spending, or back-to-back big-ticket purchases. money is made to burn! love it.

but i have extreme confidence in my ability to provide for mine and myself, and i like to make a quick buck.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I'm the cheapest person that I know.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com