User Tag List

View Poll Results: Well, do you think it is bad/anything that isn't good?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for religious reasons

    4 4.82%
  • Yes, other

    4 4.82%
  • No

    71 85.54%
  • Unsure

    4 4.82%
First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 69

  1. #51
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Is heterosexuality a bad thing?

  2. #52
    Priestess Of Syrinx Katsuni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?
    Posts
    1,238

    Default

    Historically, it was not looked down upon; in rome it was so perfectly normal, that it didn't have any term for it to my knowledge. The idea was that a man+man relationship would always go deeper than any male+female one ever could, as females were just for procreation. It was a sexist belief but, yeu know, in some ways people do understand their own gender 'better' than the opposite, so it makes sense in a way.

    In one civilization, their entire military was gay, and they recruited gay young males from other countries, and treated them quite well. Napolien had some interaction with them but I forget whether it was for good or ill.

    In any case, there's actually quite a few cases where gays/lesbians were considered anything but bad.

    Even in the bible it *NEVER* says gays are evil or anything... just the actual act of sodomy/gay sex, because it has a pretty strict stance against sexual acts which aren't specifically used for procreation. The idea of sex for love or pleasure is more or less forbidden, and as gay/lesbian sex CAN'T involve procreation (yet! They're actually working on that; good news to transgenders in that regard), it means that it must be for other reasons and therefore is a sin.

    The idea of "sex" in general is a weird one; pedophilia was perfectly accepted and encouraged in rome at one point. In the 1600's it was equally normal for a 30 year old man to marry a 12-14 year old girl and have sex with her. Our current standards are subjective and mean nothing more than whot we put into them.

    As such, no, homosexuality is nothing 'evil' at all, it really is just a difference of preference.

    We all have our preferences, though many of us may not have gone to any lengths to learn whot those are, or suppress them as they seem too 'weird'. That's for physical sex though... for emotional bonding, to truly LOVE someone, this may actually NOT match up, it's been found in studies. Of course I kind of figured that already, but it's nice to have proof to back it up with.

    Yeu may find yeu LOVE guys' bodies and their naughtybits, but really have no emotional connection at all, and can only find true love in a woman's arms. Or vice versa. The genders are admittedly different in some ways, and it's fully possible for yeu to be physically attracted one way, and emotionally another. So are yeu gay then or whot are yeu? Most figure Bisexual, but it's really not the case, I'm just not sure whot yeu'd call it XD

    In any case, yeu have physical preferences, and emotional preferences. Physical ones are just fetishes, they apply to everyone, it's just whot turns yeu on. If yeu're a guy and a male's body turns yeu on... well... it doesn't mean yeu're really truly gay as such... it just means that's one of yeur kinks yeu find arousing. It doesn't mean yeu want to marry them and live togeather long term.

    And emotionally... yeu love who yeu love. Yeu don't really get a choice in the matter. And true love is quite, quite blind. I simply don't understand why yeu would deny yeurself of one of the greatest things in life, simply because everyone else is an ass about it. If they don't want yeu to find love, that's their problem, not yeurs, nor should it be yeur problem.

    As such, I see nothing wrong with being gay on the physical, nor emotional level; other than, of course, the fact that it is flawed in the same way being "straight" is. We're all very slightly bisexual creatures to some small degree, otherwise we couldn't admire or recognize beauty in our own gender. We just view it in different ways usually is all, mostly due to conditioning. Being strictly straight or gay though, tends to mean yeu've just actively said yeu refuse to accept love or pleasure from someone simply because of how they were born. That's yeur regrettable choice to refuse such without even considering it. Yeu possibly just missed out on something truly special, because yeu weren't open to the possibility.

  3. #53
    Geolectric teslashock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Posts
    1,690

    Default

    There's a reason that homosexuals can't naturally reproduce with each other, and that's 'cause God didn't want their vile ways taking over humanity!

  4. #54
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    There's a reason that homosexuals can't naturally reproduce with each other, and that's 'cause God didn't want their vile ways taking over humanity!
    .

  5. #55
    Freshman Member simulatedworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    5,554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Even in the bible it *NEVER* says gays are evil or anything... just the actual act of sodomy/gay sex, because it has a pretty strict stance against sexual acts which aren't specifically used for procreation.
    Good news, everyone! Avoiding eternal damnation is as simple as life-long celibacy!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

  6. #56
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Even in the bible it *NEVER* says gays are evil or anything... just the actual act of sodomy/gay sex, because it has a pretty strict stance against sexual acts which aren't specifically used for procreation. The idea of sex for love or pleasure is more or less forbidden, and as gay/lesbian sex CAN'T involve procreation (yet! They're actually working on that; good news to transgenders in that regard), it means that it must be for other reasons and therefore is a sin.
    Blowjob is out, cunnilingus is out, kissing is out, fondling is out, anal is out (not in), heavy petting is out, boob sucking is out, using contraceptive is out, masturbation is out.....

    sin, sin, sin, sin, sin, sin, sin, sin, sin, sin, sin, sin, sin....

    Stictly, penis meet vagina, everything else...

    ....what a fun world that would be!

  7. #57
    Senior Member ChildoftheProphets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    121

    Default

    I voted "Unsure" on the poll.

    I'm certainly not for banning homosexual relations or marriage, because sex and marriage are issues of personal privacy and religious freedom.

    Still, from my own religious standpoint, I've heard a lot of good arguments for and against such things. And of course, biologically speaking, homosexuality is ultimately just the product of random genetic mutation, nothing more, nothing less.
    "In the opening and shutting of heaven's gate, are you able to play the feminine part?" -- Lao Tzu

    "For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks - not that you won or lost -
    But how you played the Game."
    -- Grantland Rice

    “Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules.” -- from The Catcher in the Rye

    "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do, and what a man can't do." -- Jack Sparrow

  8. #58
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,877

    Default

    Uhm.. I'm going with no. This thread makes me dizzy
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  9. #59
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChildoftheProphets View Post
    And of course, biologically speaking, homosexuality is ultimately just the product of random genetic mutation, nothing more, nothing less.
    Every variation in organisms is ultimately due to genetic mutation. Blue eyes, green eyes, brown eyes, tall, short, curly hair, straight hair, dark skin, light skin, etc...

    Nothing more, nothing less.

  10. #60
    Senior Member ChildoftheProphets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Even in the bible it *NEVER* says gays are evil or anything... just the actual act of sodomy/gay sex, because it has a pretty strict stance against sexual acts which aren't specifically used for procreation. The idea of sex for love or pleasure is more or less forbidden, and as gay/lesbian sex CAN'T involve procreation . . . .
    I agree with this analysis for the most part, and I often wonder if the Old Testament would have been less harsh on gays, women, and non-procreative sex if there been more reliable forms of contraception and disease prevention back then.

    I disagree, though, that Judaism and Christianity have anything against sex for pleasure or love. God says in Genesis that it's "not good for man to be alone," and Paul the apostle says to the Corinthians that those who "burn with passion" should get married as soon as possible, lest they be consumed by adulterous thoughts and behavior.
    "In the opening and shutting of heaven's gate, are you able to play the feminine part?" -- Lao Tzu

    "For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks - not that you won or lost -
    But how you played the Game."
    -- Grantland Rice

    “Life is a game, boy. Life is a game that one plays according to the rules.” -- from The Catcher in the Rye

    "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do, and what a man can't do." -- Jack Sparrow

Similar Threads

  1. Can we learn to ask the Big Questions?
    By coberst in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 06:04 AM
  2. The Ayers Question: Sucker Move?
    By Totenkindly in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-18-2008, 11:56 PM
  3. The INTPCentral Question
    By MerkW in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. The Ultimate Question
    By RansomedbyFire in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 05:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO