User Tag List

View Poll Results: Well, do you think it is bad/anything that isn't good?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for religious reasons

4 4.82%
  • Yes, other

4 4.82%
  • No

71 85.54%
  • Unsure

4 4.82%
First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    I still have the odd viewpoint that I consider homosexuality as bad as hetrosexuality, or at least almost as bad.
    That's not odd. Since they are more or less the same, just the tiny twist how it is executed.

I would not say bad. But they are singular. I expect both groups to relate to each other since their preference build on the same principles.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

From a pure biological viewpoint. I'd say homosexuality is wrong. Our anatomy is made to have sex and make babies. And that's only possible with heterosexual intercourse.

The other side of it all is free will. I also strongly believe everyone should be given the oppertunity to practice their free will, as long as those practices do not undermine the free will of others. Homosexuality can therefor be considered good.

So, the deciding factor is that I don't care who does what as long as people treat me the same.

And if we're destined to all be gay and therefor stop making babies alltogether. Marking the very end of our human existance. Then that's a good fate for our species, if its done out of free will.

Simply put, I'm fine with homosexuality. I've even dabbled bi-curiously myself.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Q: Do you think homosexuality is a bad thing?
    No, definitely not. Humans are still humans with their basic needs. If you don't harm yourself or others around you, then I say, you're good to go.

I am all for gay marriages and adoption as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    And if we're destined to all be gay and therefor stop making babies alltogether. Marking the very end of our human existance. Then that's a good fate for our species, if its done out of free will.
    All I have to say about this is that when the sperm and egg donors and the surrogate mothers come together and have a party, then the human existence is saved. With free will.

From a pure biological viewpoint. I'd say homosexuality is wrong. Our anatomy is made to have sex and make babies. And that's only possible with heterosexual intercourse.
    Not sure this is all correct. You can probably make babies in the laboratory today. So intercourse is not really needed.

And this kind of renders your argument invalid, unless you value higher what was compared to what can be.
    No men OR women needed: artificial sperm and eggs created for first time | Mail Online

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Not sure this is all correct. You can probably make babies in the laboratory today. So intercourse is not really needed.

And this kind of renders your argument invalid, unless you value higher what was compared to what can be.
    No men OR women needed: artificial sperm and eggs created for first time | Mail Online
    I said purely from a biological point of view, what nature offers us. Not what is scientifically possible. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

I said purely from a biological point of view, what nature offers us. Not what is scientifically possible. :P
    Fair enough. But I'm inclined to throw biology in this regard and science into the same basket. Non can happen without intervention. And science is really just what nature provides as well. Can we stop it any more then we can stop the natural happenings in life?

Anyhow. If it was wrong purely biological, homosexuality would not happen in other species. Yet it does. Cause feelings is just as big part of this-and really babies is just the result, not the purpose. And who says that the biological point is not to go extinct at some point? Then homosexuality will be the natural course of events(maybe it already is). And then this will then be right from a biological pov.

Really. You are just guessing. There is no way you can claim any of this to be wrong. Maybe if this was an exclusive human phenomena, but that's not true, not even by a long shot. And I suspect it has little to do with making babies. You could then also say it would be wrong to express joy and sadness...that's the same thing.

Possibly if you said that it was wrong to not create babies...ehh, I dunno. What then about those that are infertile? This becomes a mess no matter how I try to look at it.

Is there really anything that is wrong?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    ...But anyways, generally I figure that yeu love who yeu love, and true love is blind. Yeu don't 'choose' who yeu love really, so much as it 'just is'.

If my true love happens to be the same gender as me, so be it. I'll just go along with that. If they're the opposite gender, then same thing, yay anyways.
    True, and it seems to make the most sense.

It's just that for many people, that person is the opposite gender.
    For homosexuals, it's the same gender and they're not attracted to the opposite.

It's funny how some things are built-in so much to the physical.

People should remember that people operate according to different principles. With conservative religious influence, desires stemming within oneself are highly suspect and must be screened...and many of them screened out, thus... in order to conform with the moral standard that the person has come to accept as true regardless of how they feel.

The notion of letting a feeling inside oneself (aside from some positive feeling toward God and others) be made a priority is a dangerous idea, frankly. Which sometimes it can be, but many times not.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I don't really see it in terms of "good or bad." To me, it is an error, a malfunction. But it is not morally wrong or something to be demonized [this isn't a word spell check, really?].

You can't help what/who you're attracted to. We're all slaves to ourselves in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I don't really see it in terms of "good or bad." To me, it is an error, a malfunction.
    I dont think all the other species that get's overrun and go extinct agree with you because of millions on millions of huge human beings on this tiny planet.

It's discussable where the malfunction lies

*thinking of rabbits, war, food & water shortage and pests.

Sometimes I think it's the homosexuals that have understood it and takes responsibility. We could use more imho.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Antimony View Post
    Lark: I wasn't saying what can come from being homosexual (such as male rape, etc), it was a question of the orientation, the preference, itself.
    I think describing that as bad is a little like having it in for a particular height or eye colour or hair colour.

Its behaviour that matters more than orientation.