• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tarot, fortune telling and prophecy

Lark

Do you believe anyone has any talent with these things? Do you think they are useful as a source of reflective thinking and archetypical conceptual reasoning?

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
Do you believe anyone has any talent with these things? Do you think they are useful as a source of reflective thinking and archetypical conceptual reasoning?

I do think there are some people out there who are gullible and willing to part with cash just to hear what they want to hear. I have done it myself. Some people also don't mind taking money from gullible people. Some people are also genuine in their talents, it is being able to spot them.

I personally think the problem is with all this is that people will forever pass it off as nothing more than entertainment because science can't prove it is true. In some instances it can not be tested in a controlled environment free from external factors so for the time being, lets just call it a bit of fun.

Although please feel free to take a photocopy of your hand, post it to me and i will tell you your life story and possible fortune.

At the cost of $9.99 postage included. Only kidding, lol. I do read palms, it is just bloody time consuming though.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Seems more to it, the tarot, than just superstition. Less about telling the future and more about opening your mind to your intuition during a reading. With me, I try and make it fun and don't take it too seriously beyond opening the intuition channeling.

Similar to MBTI in a sense as to its application to Jungian psychology. See Jung & Tarot Symbolism

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I think horoscopes and tarot readings are more a "focal point" for one's conscious mind -- a filter by which to view one's life and direct one's energy and activity.

Some people get the same sort of result from reading spiritual texts and/or prayer.

As best as I can tell, the tarot is not predictive in nature, just directive (i.e., "look at this part of your life, try to see it this way, learn anything new and useful?")

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think horoscopes and tarot readings are more a "focal point" for one's conscious mind -- a filter by which to view one's life and direct one's energy and activity.

Some people get the same sort of result from reading spiritual texts and/or prayer.

As best as I can tell, the tarot is not predictive in nature, just directive (i.e., "look at this part of your life, try to see it this way, learn anything new and useful?")

Correct ime, it's a way to access your subconscious, a tool. I'm referring to things like crystal ball and tarot now (don't know astrology well enough to comment). Here's the neat trick: all magic in some way, works like this. Magic isn't what the popular definition suggests it is.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think anything is possible (idealistic enough for ya?) but I do think about 80% of the stuff people throw out there is horseshit.

But, just because those 80% don't have actual "mystical" properties, doesn't mean it can't be useful or fun.

Gerbah

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Do you believe anyone has any talent with these things?

I do, yes. I've seen it myself. Generally, everything is connected. Past, future, here, there, etc. If you are sensitive to it, the normal bounds are not always a restriction and you can know things beyond them. Some people don't even need things to help them like cards. That said, I don't think it's a good or helpful thing to get into. I don't think it particularly helps your situation and it can be harmful. Destiny and time are so unfathomable.

Do you think they are useful as a source of reflective thinking and archetypical conceptual reasoning?

I'm not sure how you mean. That would depend on what you're reflecting about. I will take a guess and say that reflection and reason are necessary things, but they are not the only tools we have to collect information. They are necessary as far as what they can be applied to but there is other information which you do not use reflection and reasoning to collect. I'm not sure what to call it. I wouldn't call it “intuition” exactly. If you see it, you see it. It's not intuitive. This other tool also has its limits, as reasoning does.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Tarrot
Psycic
Runes
I-chung

Are more divination than anything else... use them as an oricle and they will be OK - they can stimulate great thought. It's like reading the fire or sand or the likes.... there is more system to tarrot than it apepars, stock definitions. Runes is very much an orycle, I chung is designed that way.

Astrology is analysis of data and interpretation of data via use standard definitions.

Hand writtng and palmistry is a grey-ish area... not psycic in any way, because you read lines that are there.... less data driven than astro though

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Tarrot
Psycic
Runes
I-chung

Are more divination than anything else... use them as an oricle and they will be OK - they can stimulate great thought. It's like reading the fire or sand or the likes.... there is more system to tarrot than it apepars, stock definitions. Runes is very much an orycle, I chung is designed that way.

Astrology is analysis of data and interpretation of data via use standard definitions.

Hand writtng and palmistry is a grey-ish area... not psycic in any way, because you read lines that are there.... less data driven than astro though

Dude. Seriously. Spell check. It is your friend.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and dyslexia is the enemy, trust me, it's you that has the problem with my spelling not me ;)
My adice to you - deal with it :D

I have dyslexia too. You're lazy.

Spell checker.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
and dyslexia is the enemy, trust me, it's you that has the problem with my spelling not me ;)
My adice to you - deal with it :D

Bad spellers of the world untie!

I don't have dyslexia...I just can't spell...and yes, I am too lazy to spell check.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Bad spellers of the world untie!

I don't have dyslexia...I just can't spell...and yes, I am too lazy to spell check.

yea!

All those J types trying to prevent you from communicating... well I bleive there are to G's in BUGGER OFF!

:D

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Me crystal ball tells me there will always be tiffs at Typo C between the spelling/gamer Nazis and the Dyslexic apathetic word sloths.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Me crystal ball tells me there will always be tiffs at Typo C between the spelling/gamer Nazis and the Dyslexic apathetic word sloths.

Sweet heart, I'd have thought you could find better use for your balls than that :p I celebrate my N-ness

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Only when Pluto is in conjunction with your arsehole. Sorry. Uranus.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Only when Pluto is in conjunction with your arsehole. Sorry. Uranus.

itchiwawa

The aspects of Uranus to Pluto tend to be socially and generationally orientated; and the qualities, tendencies and attitudes associated with them are those which give a distinct conditioning tone to society during the period of the aspect.

The conjunction is quite rare, being made the last time around 1848, a time of social revolution in Europe and a time of great civil unrest and social change in Europe and America, and occurring again in the period of 1963-68.

The influence of these potent transpersonal planets is likely to be radical and far-reaching, setting a trend for the following century to develop and integrate, one which requires a long period of time for society to assimilate. In that sense, the influence is world-wide, and the period in which the close conjunction is made should be carefully analysed to perceive the essential thrust of this directive energy and the emergent trends for social development over the next hundred years.

With the cosmic periodic releasing of such powerful energies, the human reaction to them is varied and often polarised in response. These reveal the interface between the individual life and the collective life of a society. It is as though from a multiplicity of sources a new alluring voice is rising, which is revealing a new approach to life for society to absorb. Certain individuals respond enthusiastically to this new siren call, embracing 'the new way', and begin to group together as an influential minority within their own society. They then reflect the new ideas, impregnate society with them and act as transmitters of change. Broader social reaction to 'the new way' is often slow, apart from the inevitable reaction against the new trend; and often society attempts to use the power of its established structures to resist what appears to be a threatening impulse.

The influence of the conjunction is to initiate a new phase of social change; and during the 1963-68 aspect, it is that of a revolutionary new spirit in the air, extolling the virtues of individual rights and freedom, stimulating the need for the transformation of the existing social establishment and the breakdown of outdated and limiting social and national attitudes and engrained patterns of thinking.

For those who were (and still are) attuned and receptive to this visionary energy, there is a personal feeling of involvement in a vast process of evolutionary development occurring on earth, a feeling that their individual life is intimately linked with a vast plan slowly unfolding into manifestation, and that their lives are guided by some greater consciousness, participants in a planetary drama. AS a world-wide group held together by shared response, they collectively form a conduit for the new social approach to be mediated into human life and consciousness. Some reflect this in a more conscious manner, by seeking to manifest the overshadowing energy via deliberate meditation or occult rituals, etc..

What is of importance to this group is the respect and value of life in all of its forms, ranging from human life to animals, plants, all of the many appearances of Nature, and the abundant creativity of Earth. Life is viewed as essentially 'holy', to be cherished, respected, enjoyed and protected. It is a basic attitude to life that wants the highest quality of life for everyone, founded upon a balanced and careful relationship with the environment and the natural world, whereby human society moves from being a dangerous exploiter of nature's gifts to living in a more natural harmony. Individually, there is the need to develop as a unique person, free to live and express oneself within a peaceful, co-operative co-existence, to learn how to unfold innate potentiality without it infringing on the rights of others.

Some twenty years after the close conjunction, the attitudes released into the world at this time were still serving as a necessary social direction; and many pressure groups had been formed to further the progress of such causes. The succeeding century needs to see more development for the benefit of mankind.

Pluto conjunct Uranus

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
itchiwawa

The aspects of Uranus to Pluto tend to be socially and generationally orientated; and the qualities, tendencies and attitudes associated with them are those which give a distinct conditioning tone to society during the period of the aspect.

The conjunction is quite rare, being made the last time around 1848, a time of social revolution in Europe and a time of great civil unrest and social change in Europe and America, and occurring again in the period of 1963-68.

The influence of these potent transpersonal planets is likely to be radical and far-reaching, setting a trend for the following century to develop and integrate, one which requires a long period of time for society to assimilate. In that sense, the influence is world-wide, and the period in which the close conjunction is made should be carefully analysed to perceive the essential thrust of this directive energy and the emergent trends for social development over the next hundred years.

With the cosmic periodic releasing of such powerful energies, the human reaction to them is varied and often polarised in response. These reveal the interface between the individual life and the collective life of a society. It is as though from a multiplicity of sources a new alluring voice is rising, which is revealing a new approach to life for society to absorb. Certain individuals respond enthusiastically to this new siren call, embracing 'the new way', and begin to group together as an influential minority within their own society. They then reflect the new ideas, impregnate society with them and act as transmitters of change. Broader social reaction to 'the new way' is often slow, apart from the inevitable reaction against the new trend; and often society attempts to use the power of its established structures to resist what appears to be a threatening impulse.

The influence of the conjunction is to initiate a new phase of social change; and during the 1963-68 aspect, it is that of a revolutionary new spirit in the air, extolling the virtues of individual rights and freedom, stimulating the need for the transformation of the existing social establishment and the breakdown of outdated and limiting social and national attitudes and engrained patterns of thinking.

For those who were (and still are) attuned and receptive to this visionary energy, there is a personal feeling of involvement in a vast process of evolutionary development occurring on earth, a feeling that their individual life is intimately linked with a vast plan slowly unfolding into manifestation, and that their lives are guided by some greater consciousness, participants in a planetary drama. AS a world-wide group held together by shared response, they collectively form a conduit for the new social approach to be mediated into human life and consciousness. Some reflect this in a more conscious manner, by seeking to manifest the overshadowing energy via deliberate meditation or occult rituals, etc..

What is of importance to this group is the respect and value of life in all of its forms, ranging from human life to animals, plants, all of the many appearances of Nature, and the abundant creativity of Earth. Life is viewed as essentially 'holy', to be cherished, respected, enjoyed and protected. It is a basic attitude to life that wants the highest quality of life for everyone, founded upon a balanced and careful relationship with the environment and the natural world, whereby human society moves from being a dangerous exploiter of nature's gifts to living in a more natural harmony. Individually, there is the need to develop as a unique person, free to live and express oneself within a peaceful, co-operative co-existence, to learn how to unfold innate potentiality without it infringing on the rights of others.

Some twenty years after the close conjunction, the attitudes released into the world at this time were still serving as a necessary social direction; and many pressure groups had been formed to further the progress of such causes. The succeeding century needs to see more development for the benefit of mankind.

Pluto conjunct Uranus

How the fuck did you write that in one minute?