• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Living as if there was no tomorrow

Which philosophy suits you best?

• Live life as if there is no tomorrow?

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Live life as if there is always a tomorrow?

Votes: 15 78.9%

• Total voters

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
I am happiest when I ignore the fact that I am going to die.

My preferred death would be one that happens without me realising it, just the casual, continuous flow of life interrupted. The idea of counting down to your death, knowing it's coming is very depressing to me.

So I would go with 'Live as if there is always a tomorrow'.

If you're going to spend an eternity being dead, then you might as well live life totally immersed in Life as an eternal, ever growing thing. Death is irrelevant to life, so I don't want the knowledge of impending death to change the way I live my life!

I hope that wasn't too rambly or fluffy. :D

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I am happiest when I ignore the fact that I am going to die.

My preferred death would be one that happens without me realising it, just the casual, continuous flow of life interrupted. The idea of counting down to your death, knowing it's coming is very depressing to me.

So I would go with 'Live as if there is always a tomorrow'.

If you're going to spend an eternity being dead, then you might as well live life totally immersed in Life as an eternal, ever growing thing. Death is irrelevant to life, so I don't want the knowledge of impending death to change the way I live my life!

I hope that wasn't too rambly or fluffy. :D

Wow, I'm taking this as a new motto :yes: that was a great way to put it. I can understand this way of looking at it.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
Just another thought- I definitely agree with seizing opportunities when they arise, doing things NOW, but I don't think the finity of life is needed to motivate us to do that- an immortal person could procrastinate forever and ever! So the immortal person would never do something, but they wouldn't need to die to not do it, you know?

We can balance a long term plan and perspective for our lives with some good 'Seize the moment' sense, I think. :yes:

And I hope that all made sense, because I am quite tired as I write this and will go to bed now.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
No. If I did that we would have the utilities shut off within 60 days. I'd rather have moderately happy todays and tomorrows than w00t! party todays and homeless shelter tomorrows. :D

Oeufa

MBTI Type
INTP
Live life as if there's always a tomorrow. If you live each day as if it's your last you'll be broke pretty quickly, and your friend/family will be sick of you fairly quickly. I mean, how many days in a row can you go through the "goodbye forever" stuff before you go insane? :tongue:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I live with an ideal future in mind. It doesn't mean I don't enjoy the present -- quite the opposite -- it gives the present great purpose!