User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 43

Thread: If you....

  1. #21
    Senior Member Feops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Circle View Post
    I would beg for forgiveness, anyone who wouldn't is a fool.
    I wouldn't beg for forgiveness simply for existing. That's like begging your father not to whip you simply because he hates that you were born. Fathers like that are not creatures of goodness and benevolance.

  2. #22
    The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    That's funny, I've written something about this just recently. It was some kind of screenplay and it was about a character based on me the way I imagine myself at age 35. I'll translate:

    Kat:
    Huh?! What is this? Where am I? O my god, I'm 35 again! What, what… Huh?!

    St. Peter:
    We are going to interrupt this wonderful dream for an important newsflash! Hello. My name is St. Peter and YOU are dead!

    Kat:
    Huh?! Dead?! How could that happen?!

    St. Peter:
    Because I say so.

    Kat:
    I can't be dead!

    St. Peter:
    You died in your sleep. A satelite fell on your house and crushed your body.

    Kat:
    That sucks.

    St. Peter:
    This is heaven's gate. There are three doors right behind me. One of them lead to heaven, another one leads to hell and the last one leads to purgatory. I'm not going to tell you which one is behind which door, that is still a surprise! But where are you going? Let's see what the damage is. (A big screen rolls into the room and it's going to show all the sins Kat has committed.) This screen behind me is going to show you which where all the sins you've committed. And heeeeeere comes your first sin! You were unbaptised!

    Kat:
    I'm sorry. My parents were very anti-religious.

    St. Peter:
    You had 35 years to become religious. Next sin! You've had yourself candy about 45000 times. That was four times a day. All the times you had sex with your husband you faked your orgasms, that was 951 times to be exact. You cursed 3 million times in your whole life, that's 10 times an hour. Your favorite curses were "shit" and "fuck". You've stolen about 167 times in your entire life, most of it was money from your fathers waller. You spent about 20000 euros on cosmetics, and that only includes make-up, moisturisers ans hairgel. You had pro-life ideals and you stood behind female, gay and animal rights. That was the list! But well, youre dead now. Do you have a last request?

    Kat:
    Staying alive.

    St. Peter:
    What a stupid wish. Take the right door, please.

    Kat slowly walks to the right door. She opens it and goes into a very dark hallway. When she enters the hallway, the door closes itself. She walks on, but it stays dark. In the end she reaches a black curtain. Kat opens it. Two demons come to her.

    Demon 1:
    Ah! Kat! Welcome to hell! Get in our flying pedalo! We are going to take you to your final destination!

    Demon 2:
    We are going to bring you to the deepest circle of hell. We haven't done this in quite a while. Last time was with, er, what was that guys name again?

    Demon 1:
    I don't remember. It was such a long time ago, I don't even remember what he had done! (laughs)

    Demon 2:
    So sad that you have to go to hell now. We wished you the best, but the big boss had some other plans with you. Conservative little fella.

    Demon 1:
    Unfortunately you'll have to suffer for eternity now! (throws Kat into flying pedalo and gets in too)

    Demon 2:
    Hold on! Heeeere we go!

    Kat:
    Noooooooooooo!!!
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -


    SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

    Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

  3. #23
    Senior Member une_autre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Died and found out there really was a god, and you are standing before him. What would your argument be? How do you think you would be judged?
    It is pretty difficult to say given the distorted perspective the church offers. If there is a maker there, I think that I am a good person overall. However, although I do not think that I have committed a series of capital sins, probably if what the church says is true, I would be doomed.

    I wouldn't be able to beg for forgiveness as technically that would be untrue. I don't consider that I have something to repent for, which means that an attempt to do so would be dishonest.

    Oh well, if there is a true creator, I just refuse to think that he would judge us all after some obtuse principles that were taught to us, instead of the true nature of our soul.

  4. #24
    No Cigar Litvyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Died and found out there really was a god, and you are standing before him. What would your argument be?
    "I hoped that you don't exist, since if you do, that means you really-really suck. Send me to hell or whatever, but you still suck."

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    How do you think you would be judged?
    Well, depends. Is it a benevolent or a malevolent god?

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    I wouldn't beg for forgiveness simply for existing. That's like begging your father not to whip you simply because he hates that you were born. Fathers like that are not creatures of goodness and benevolance.
    Doesn't matter. To an omniscience and omnipotent being, your only viable option is to appeal to its mercy. People who want to try and reason with such a being overestimate themselves.

    Imagine all these reactions in the context of an ant (who can speak) on the palm of your hand. How is that gonna work out? Good luck.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Oeufa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    698

    Default

    I don't know what I'd say. I don't see why I'd have to apologise for being the flawed human I was born as (as this Creator I'd be facing made me. I might ask why we were bothered being sent to earth at all if it was only some twisted kind of waiting room for the rest of our existence.
    Ti>Ne>Si>Te>Fi>Ni>Se=Fe

    And yes, there are such things as INTPs who overuse emoticons

  7. #27
    Senior Member Tiltyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    4,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Died and found out there really was a god, and you are standing before him. What would your argument be? How do you think you would be judged?
    I intend to march straight up to him and demand some explanations. He will have to justify himself to me before I consent to enter his heaven.

  8. #28
    Junior Member MagnifaSnail's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Circle View Post
    Doesn't matter. To an omniscience and omnipotent being, your only viable option is to appeal to its mercy. People who want to try and reason with such a being overestimate themselves.

    Imagine all these reactions in the context of an ant (who can speak) on the palm of your hand. How is that gonna work out? Good luck.
    I don't understand how an "omniscient and omnipotent being" could even have sentiments/desires/opinions etc. able to be perceived by creatures such as ourselves that are so limited in comparison to it, let alone have a sense of mercy for us to "appeal" to. I mean really, something that vague and powerful would be utterly unknowable to a human.

    To follow your ant analogy, well I wouldn't really care. I have no desire to judge or punish ants (unless they ruined my picnick) but I would be damned interested in the fact that there was an ant capable of speech, thought, and communication to a similar level of my own.

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    473

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MagnifaSnail View Post
    I mean really, something that vague and powerful would be utterly unknowable to a human.
    This is my point, yes... you are completely at the mercy of their "will" whatever it may be. Acknowledging yourself as the ant is all you can do, and hope they will recognize enough value in your submissiveness to allow you to serve them in some way, "if my sheer existence doesn't insult you, master"

  10. #30
    Senior Member Feops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    MBTI
    INTx
    Posts
    829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Circle View Post
    Doesn't matter. To an omniscience and omnipotent being, your only viable option is to appeal to its mercy. People who want to try and reason with such a being overestimate themselves.

    Imagine all these reactions in the context of an ant (who can speak) on the palm of your hand. How is that gonna work out? Good luck.
    Which is to say that pleading would assist one's case when talking to an omniscience and omnipotent being? Nothing you say matters, nothing you can offer matters.

    The only aspect which MAY be outside the mechanical clockwork universe might be free will. How God appreciates the use of that free will is completely unknown. God might hate worship. For your ant I wouldn't feel vengeful towards even hatred towards me, because they're ants and I'm God, not some pathetic attention-seeking child. The ant that defies me might even impress me more as it would have chosen to exercise its free will to the fullest rather than bow in servitude.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-20-2016, 01:58 PM
  2. If you're hungry, this is where you post!
    By rhinosaur in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 08:35 AM
  3. If You Could Write the Fortunes in the Cookies
    By Oberon in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 11-06-2008, 08:25 PM
  4. If you are an INTJ...
    By Ezra in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-29-2008, 04:09 PM
  5. If you went to jail...
    By proteanmix in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 09:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO