8w9

Bankrupt.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Emotionally volatile.

Emotional bankrupcy brings along a whole array of scary thoughts. Better to care too much than not care at all.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Emotionally volatile.

Emotional bankrupcy brings along a whole array of scary thoughts. Better to care too much than not care at all.
    Whether or not emotional bankrupcy results in scary thoughts is unimportant, the thinker will have no fear.
    wails from the crypt.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by murkrow View Post
    Whether or not emotional bankrupcy results in scary thoughts is unimportant, the thinker will have no fear.
    True, and it just makes you wonder how you could be human even without emotions. Fear is the most basic, present in the mind of even the most desensitized fellows in some form or another.

neither, both are the folly of ignorant men

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    neither, both are the folly of ignorant men
    How exactly does ignorance influence the departure or manifestation of emotion? These things may correlate, but they are independent as far as I can tell.

For instance, a perfectly knowledgeable man might be stoic or emotional. Correlation does not equal causation.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I think i've already roamed the realms of emotionally volatile. I really wouldn't want it any other way.
    This isn't Equilibrium or Terminator and our lack of mechanical processing and degree of emotion makes us human. Anyone who would prefer to sacrifice that should take a supplement to suppress their humanity and get their insides swapped out for some robotics.
    I definitely prefer feeling like a human.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    This isn't Equilibrium or Terminator and our lack of mechanical processing and degree of emotion makes us human. Anyone who would prefer to sacrifice that should take a supplement to suppress their humanity and get their insides swapped out for some robotics.
    One question. Are those "over the counter" supplements or prescription?

If you truly had no emotion, you would not be bothered by your lack of humanity. You would not desire happiness, and you would not fear unhappiness. Sounds like a fair deal to me when I think about it.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    One question. Are those "over the counter" supplements or prescription?

If you truly had no emotion, you would not be bothered by your lack of humanity. You would not desire happiness, and you would not fear unhappiness. Sounds like a fair deal to me when I think about it.
    Prescription.
    What would be the programming then? What would make anyone without emotion inclined to do anything?
    I see it as falling deeply into monotony and, while the individual wouldn't have any feeling toward it, i wouldn't sacrifice emotions to be that way.
    It poses a further debate of.. dropping emotions after having them or not having emotions from the very start.
    Then it makes me wonder about emotionless people striving for efficiency. How would they handle people they view as inefficient, especially if they aren't bothered by a lack of humanity?

Imo, there's a lot it stirs up... and the imagery is fantastic if you think of humanity starting off that way.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance