User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Overcome our need for survival? Why would you do that? Isn't that what our basic instincts are?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I agree that people need an outlet. If you completely repress, bury, or attempt to "overcome" all of your baser instincts, I think that makes you even more of a nutcase. There's definitely such a thing as allowing the animal or "dark" side too much control, but stifling it completely isn't healthy either.

One of my exes used to tell me that I should be most afraid of people who attend church several times a week, only watch Disney movies, and appear to be completely without darkness, because those are the REAL psychos. I tend to kind of believe that.
    Their not any "more" phsycho, you just need to fear not fearing them.
    Im out, its been fun

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

since you're talking about impulses and brain chemistry in decision making, wouldn't it be better to say it's all physics, not biology? Biology has a very limited capability of explaining brain behaviors. you need electricity to understand cognitive processing in neuron nets and Biochem processes are supposed to fall under physics as well, so i think Dr House needs a lesson on science categories.

anyway i don't know what "base instincts" refers to, so *Shrug*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    Their not any "more" phsycho, you just need to fear not fearing them.
    Actually, my theory is that they're more likely to snap and shoot people at McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Actually, my theory is that they're more likely to snap and shoot people at McDonald's.
    Yeah but behaving as a result of stimuli like a trigger or "snapping" isnt the behaviour of a psychopath or sociopath their behaviour isnt context specific and they dont behave as a consequence of a trigger they're just without conscience.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah but behaving as a result of stimuli like a trigger or "snapping" isnt the behaviour of a psychopath or sociopath their behaviour isnt context specific and they dont behave as a consequence of a trigger they're just without conscience.
    I think you're getting a bit to involved with the exact, scientific meaning of the words Sunshine used. I believe she was using them in a much looser sense. I think she simply ment "people with high potential for extreme violence" rather than any specific psychological condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I think you're getting a bit to involved with the exact, scientific meaning of the words Sunshine used. I believe she was using them in a much looser sense. I think she simply ment "people with high potential for extreme violence" rather than any specific psychological condition.
    Cool, I thought she was talking about psychopathy, I'm in and out of this thread and didnt read all the posts.

I reckon that highly strung people who can crack and possibly a bigger threat than people who're wired to kill but learnt how to control it.

heart on fire

Dr House MD thinks only rarely and most of the time its biology, what do you think?
    Those who restrain their desires, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained.

William Blake

People can sublimate though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Cool, I thought she was talking about psychopathy, I'm in and out of this thread and didnt read all the posts.

I reckon that highly strung people who can crack and possibly a bigger threat than people who're wired to kill but learnt how to control it.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    [We] can sublimate though.
    Yes, sublimation is sublime.