• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is "healing" to you?

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's something I often think about as at the moment I'm undergoing the healing process.
Like when people say: "Time is a healer." I often wonder what healing actually is. Is it when we have learned to accept what has happened? Is it when we think about what happened less frequently? Is it when we think about what happened just as frequently but we don't feel as much pain when we remember?
Is it forgetting?
I've discussed this before and different people have different definitions.
How do you know when you have healed? Can you ever heal? What does "healing" mean to you?

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
To me, it is when the pain is washed away by a tide of events. Slowly fading to a dull ache, and then diminish during the course of a few years.
Something remains, but it is only the memories.
I know I would be able to awaken the feelings for my first love again, but it is not there now, as if the feelings are asleep.

Did I just use Fi? :huh:

Shimmy

MBTI Type
SEXY
Emotiomal healing is when your brain no longer finds a correlation between a memory and a negative emotion.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Emotiomal healing is when your brain no longer finds a correlation between a memory and a negative emotion.

That pretty much sums up what I was going to write. When a once painful fact/memory/thought continues to exist without the pain I consider that wound healed.