User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I dabbled in this stuff, but got bored with it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

I'm interested in the stuff. I've heard stories that I'd like to explain, but haven't really had any decent scientific explanatins.

There's a psychology essay I will be doing in the near future on the topic of gender and belief. It's said that females are more likely to be believers of paranormal than the male population.

But what I'm much more interested in is if there is a correlatin between those who experience lots of dejavu and the belief in paranormal. (That's my own interest anyway rather than the university assignment.)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Interested in celtic religion and traditions, Cernunnos mostly.
    I read some occult stuff every once in a while, but while I think it is interesting...
    No, I do not believe it is real.
    Nature is a force of its own, but I don't think strange rituals or the like wearing odd garments chanting in some made-up language will change anything.

Anyway. If I see it, I will believe it. Open-minded but not sold on the idea.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ISTx

Shit's a joke.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I do believe it exists, and it is used. I delved into it, to the point of practicing with it, to try and understand the mechanics of it all while I was creating a theory for myself. It was great stuff, with an interesting following. It opened my eyes to a lot of things.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

There's alot of things in the universe we can't currently explain through our limited understanding of backwards engineering things.

We are essentially trying to piece together the laws of reality, starting with the end effect, and figuring out from the effect, whot the cause was. With how complex reality is, we're not doing so hot.

That being said, things such as god, reincarnation, magic, demons, alternate dimensional planes of existence, extraplanar beings, these are all possibilities.

In fact, *EVERYTHING* is a possibility... it just boils down to how PLAUSIBLE these things are.

Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's likely.

With that in mind, however, I do feel that there are alot of things out there that just make more sense with additional forces beyond whot we currently are aware of; be it magic or a force of energy that may not be as easily detectable as the four primary forces, there are just some things that make a bit more sense if we assume that 'magic', in some way shape or form, exists.

Does that mean that it absolutely does? No.

Does it mean that the vast practitioners of these things have any clue whot they're talking about? Heeeeeeeeeeell nooooo.

Seriously, virtually all self-proclaimed wiccans have nooooooo clue whot their 'religion' is about. Honestly, it is a religion, at it's core, if yeu actually read through the stuff fully. But virtually noone does that. Most just hop on the band wagon, or want to 'cast magic spells zomg!'.

Same with most other modern day pagan religions sadly.

Fact is, even if magic's real, most people are just wannabe's.

I can't tell for sure whot exists and whot doesn't, really. I can only go by whot makes the most sense in context with the information I have at hand. With the evidence that's been presented to me so far in life, I believe there's a good chance of SOME kind of higher being that vaguely resembles a god out there, whether it's just one or a dozen, who knows. Whether it's even a sentient, cognitive being or a mechanical aberration, even that I can't tell yeu.

The same goes with magic and the occult; there's enough indications and evidence pointing towards it 'likely' having some vague basis in truth. I doubt the vast majority of it, as most of it's just people who don't understand whot they see, but there are some aspects which I think may have some merit to them.

That being said, I would never consider "magic" to be... well... 'magical'. Not in the sense of "zomg it just magically happens!", but rather a very methodical, controllable force or energy of sorts, which we just don't happen to have much contact with, nor knowledge or ability to manipulate at this time.

For the sake of argument, one can pretty much claim gravity is essentially magic by these standards; we know it exists, but uhm... there's no particles, no transferable energy, no forces, no waves, no evidence of HOW it works... it has no discernible limit, as it stretches out infinitely in all directions, without any point at which it reaches absolute zero... it has no limit in which it diminishes in effect either; a mass of X will always produce a pull towards it for an infinite duration; even electromagnetics involves diminishing returns as the electrons are transferred... the other three forces eventually weaken as their energies are used, but gravity... doesn't. And we have no idea why. We don't even know HOW it does anything... stuff gets pulled towards it by some 'force' but we have no evidence of HOW it does this.

Flat out, gravity is magic to us at this point in time. We have no evidence to the contrary.

As such, there's a great number of things out there we don't understand, and may never understand. "Real magic" may just be one of them. I doubt it's magical in the traditional sense, but I can see complex laws of force applying in ways we don't understand, in a way that would essentially fit all criteria for 'magic'.

MBTI
    INTx

Magic is science shrouded in mystery.

MBTI
    ENTP

Hi Kat

Happy New YEar, glad to see you back, hope Uni is going well

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    Magic is science shrouded in mystery.
    Yea.... it's just less accetable science

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Yea.... it's just less accetable science
    I don't mean that magic is a type of science. I mean that anything people think to be magic has a perfectly rational explaination... but perhaps one that we don't yet understand.

'Magic' is about perspective, illusion, perhaps even trickery.

MBTI
    ENTP

yes I kind of ment the same, we just haven't normalised it yet...

I'm a firm beleiver that a fair amount (although DEFINATELY not all), will be provable in time

Accupuncture, we can prove it works but can't prove why or how