User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Everything is relative whether you like it or not. That does not mean however you should start living as a nihilist though. That's just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Everything is relative whether you like it or not. That does not mean however you should start living as a nihilist though. That's just dumb.

Can you prove that every thing is relative? If so, how?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Marduk View Post
    Can you prove that every thing is relative? If so, how?
    I as a human can't think of one single thing that isn't relative and I've spent 23 years on this earth thinking all the time so I'm basing it solely on personal experience I'm afraid, but no one has given me reason to believe everything is not relative anyway so...

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    They seem similar at first glance (im associating absolute truth with objective meaning)

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia on Relativism
    The term often refers to truth relativism, which is the doctrine that there are no absolute truths, i.e., that truth is always relative to some particular frame of reference, such as a language or a culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia on Nihilism
    Most commonly, nihilism is presented in the form of existential nihilism which argues that life is without objective meaning, purpose, or intrinsic value.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

to my understanding of the theory--
    to some extent this is a realistic theory, but i mean to me.. it seems like the 6 degrees of seperation thing. how everyone knows everyone withinn a degree of 6 people. thats never actually been proven fact. just a popular idea. i find relativism similar. i can affect people and environment directly around me, if i want and have ability to do so, but not totally. i as a single person cannot create a revolution to overthrow obama and personaly create a communist nation, for example. its simply not possible. i mean regardless your effort some things just cannot be relative.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    i as a single person cannot create a revolution to overthrow obama and personaly create a communist nation, for example. its simply not possible. i mean regardless your effort some things just cannot be relative.
    really? you dont think you could potentially inspire a movement of sorts and accomplish this?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    really? you dont think you could potentially inspire a movement of sorts and accomplish this?
    i dont believe so, there is so much manipulating through media you can create, on the internet alone, like the picture photoshoped of him smoking. that caused minor uproar. like yeah imagine what you could do if you photoshopped a gun and a jew in a picture. ya know? but at some point, authorities are going to step in and stop you.
    other people may follow in the leaders footsteps but by the time the manipulation and corruption have reached a point of actually effecting the presidents credibility, said president would likely be out of office [for natural reasons].
    its possible to do just about anything, but time simply wont allow.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.awesome View Post
    time
    That is something I didnt consider, the 'climate' would have to be just right to accomplish this before end of term. And it isnt.

MBTI
    entp

i have come to that conclusion way too many times

everything, in life as we know it including life itself, is relative

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by lamp View Post
    They seem similar at first glance (im associating absolute truth with objective meaning)
    Well, but nihilists don't seem to usually believe in CREATING your meanings. Which I do. Like optimism. It's not real or objective but it can be USEFUL.