• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ethical Dilemmas and Moral Mazes

Lark

This is a thread for posting ethical dilemmas and solutions and discussing pros and cons of any decision involved, you post your reply or contribution and then your problem, I'll start.

You find a wallet packed with cash but no ID on the train, do you pass it to the conductor or authorities or keep it?

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
This is a thread for posting ethical dilemmas and solutions and discussing pros and cons of any decision involved, you post your reply or contribution and then your problem, I'll start.

You find a wallet packed with cash but no ID on the train, do you pass it to the conductor or authorities or keep it?

I think I'd pass it on to the authorities. If you turn something in and it isn't claimed after a month, the finder get to keep it. It's a win/win. Either you did what you thought (well, okay, what I thought) was right and the rightful person got their money, or, you did the "right" thing and get rewarded monetarily for it after a month or so.

Lark

What's your dilemma Jenna?

Make one up to follow on from your remedy/solution/reponse and the thread keeps ticking over :)

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
What's your dilemma Jenna?

Make one up to follow on from your remedy/solution/reponse and the thread keeps ticking over :)

Sorry, I wondered if you wanted it that way :doh:...

A loved one or a dear friend has confided in you that they cheated on their significant other, who is also a loved one/dear friend. They did it purely out of boredom and there are no other issues in the relationship. They want to do it again, they ask your advice, which is...

Lark

Cheating out of boredom is an issue in their relationship, I'd encourage them to think abot their relationship rather than cheating, can they fix it or should they nix it? Who will that effect?

Someone whose been really mean to you and you have no obligation towards is stranded by a vehicle breakdown, do you offer them a lift or just treat it as karma playing itself out?

P

Phantonym

Someone whose been really mean to you and you have no obligation towards is stranded by a vehicle breakdown, do you offer them a lift or just treat it as karma playing itself out?

I'd probably give them a lift. I can take more pleasure in having the person owe me a favour (personal pleasure, not rubbing their noses in it afterwards) than having to beat myself up for not helping them because that would make me mean as well and I'd stoop to his/her level.

You accidentally run your car into another, causing quite a lot of damage to the other car and very little to yours. You're broke and you'd have to pay for the damages you caused. You weren't seen and nothing can be traced back to you. What would you do?

Lark

You accidentally run your car into another, causing quite a lot of damage to the other car and very little to yours. You're broke and you'd have to pay for the damages you caused. You weren't seen and nothing can be traced back to you. What would you do?

I would contact the owner of the car I'd damaged and offer to cover damages provided it was totally on me, you can never be sure that you're certain you wont be traced and better to be above board about it.

If they quote insane fees or personal injury its a different story though, screw them, your word against theirs.

Your neighbour is acclaimed as a local hero when he kills too hoodlums in a liquar store hold up, they reveal to you that unbeknownst to the media they were armed because they had intended to hold up the store themselves but arrived just after the other thieves. He offers to split all proceeds from the media hype/celebrity if you vouch for him telling stories of his daring do and good character. Do you blow the whiste on the liar or play along?