• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Could you kill?

inebriato

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I believe everyone has the ability to kill, in the right situation.

sleepy

Remember when I was on a trip with a friend the same age as me at about 12. My friend said that he did not think he could live with killing someone, just could not do it. I remember the statement came as a shock to me. Like why not? I did not say so. But dont think I would have any issues if I had to do it. Nothing I would want to do, but would if my life was on the line or something. I like to sacrifice myself for others, but not like this. There is a limit.

MBTI Type
INFP
This is a question that some of us may never be able to answer unless that fateful time comes where we may have that opportunity.

The only time I could ever see myself killing is if someone were to walk up with malicious intent to kill me or one of my loved ones. Other than that, nope.

I think that even in war I would have a problem pulling the trigger. After all, what has this person done to me? Nothing, other than being born in the wrong country at the wrong time, a citizen of the wrong government.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
In self defense, or the protection of my loved ones, yes. Otherwise, no.

Most people have a self-preservation instinct that is not to be underestimated. You might be surprised at the violence you are capable of, given the right circumstances.

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Yes i could kill if any of my loved ones or friends were deliberately killed or hurt. I would kill and unlike many i would not have any regrets about doing so. I guess humans respond by "blood calls for blood".

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Stories like "Precious" make me think if I were her, I would kill (both parents).
But then to actually be in that situation, you might react differently.

(They just had a thread like this over on INTPc, and it seems to have just disappeared).

sLiPpY

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Born hunters, ISTP's are from an early age fascinated by weapons of all kinds, and soon learn to wield their weapons with lethal virtuosity, taking pride in their prowess. Warriors good and evil can be seen as weapons artists, not only the marksmen among soldiers and police, but also the mob hit man and the gunslinger of the American West. This is not to say that all warriors are ISTPs, or that all ISTPs are weapons experts, but that the weapons virtuoso is more frequently than not an ISTP."

The Crafter [ISTP] The nature of the ISTPs is most clearly seen in their masterful operation of tools, equipment, machines, and instruments of all kinds

Tru that! :)

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
It's funny because when I was a little kid I was certain that I was going to kill someone some day. I imagined a person with my name written on their throat in invisible ink. The older I get, the less I feel that way. I've recently even been entertaining the idea of being anti death penalty. That's not to say I don't think there are people in this world who don't need killing.

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, I could kill in self or loved-ones defense - would I? That I hope to never have to find out. Whether I would survive afterward, or how long, is an entirely different question.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I used to not know the answer to this question, but after being physically attacked by a drunken asshole last year, I do now. I'm not a violent person by nature, or even an aggressive one. But I have a strong sense of justice, and when it is violated I can instantly fly into a rage.

When I was jumped, I entered a different frame of mind and could have easily stomped him to death without realizing the severity of my actions. In the flashpoint of that moment all that entered into the decision was that I was minding my own business, and this person had created the situation. I felt like my attacker had given up his right to mercy when he showed me none and made me defend myself. I didn't feel responsible, I felt intoxicated with righteousness.

Given time and consideration, I don't know if I could kill. Taking someone's life is not a decision I feel qualified to make. But I know that in a quickly unfolding and stressful situation I absolutely could, and I would wager that nearly all of us could. Even though we enjoy the polished veneer of a society of laws, we still have long-repressed animal instincts that served our ancestors well. And I think they can be accessed easier than we think.

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
i find myself being more of a take a bullet person. true some people at some times need to be 'put down'. but i dont have the backbone to follow through with it/ live with my guilt.

BlueinGreen

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I believe everyone has the ability to kill, in the right situation.

To be unable to would be extraordinarily maladaptive, unfortunately.

I'd like to think I'd be capable of killing to prevent further death, be it my own or of others, but it's impossible to say having never been in those circumstances.

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
I wouldn't have much of a problem killing a human.

Animals are a different matter though.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
The only situation in which I could ever feel justified killing someone would be to save my own life from an attack, or to defend a loved one. I'm not saying I'm against the military necessarily or any of that jazz, just me personally.

Take Five

Supreme Allied Commander
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Leverage is everything--barring physical handicaps, everyone could probably kill given certain circumstances. That's not the same as liking it though.

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Could I kill another person? Well, definitely not under normal circumstances.

The only situation I think it could possibly happen is if me or loved ones were at the edge of death and this led me to completely lose my mind for long enough. Or perhaps just losing my mind completely is enough...

Other living things? I could not kill an animal unless a human's survival is at stake. Insects... only if they are close to hurting someone. Plants... only if it is ultimately useful to do so. I do not care very much for harmful bacteria.

LEGERdeMAIN

There are an infinite number of scenarios in which I would kill another human. I have and will kill animals when necessary or convenient. I would also use the homicide(or threat of) if I thought it might provide some security or deter violence, exploitation, resource-appropriation, etc.

Keep in mind I was watching one of those dramatic post-apocalypse documentaries earlier.

Lark

I think I probably could kill, the living with it would be more difficult than the act itself I suspect. I'm a conscientious sort of person and would have to have a good reason, such as self defence.