User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Thread: Could you kill?

Senior Member ObliviousExistence's Avatar
    MBTI
    loco
    Enneagram
    5W4

depends, this reminds me of a psychometric test I once took for a job I really wanted, one of the questions was, "have you ever thought of killing someone?", I assumed it was normal for every single person to have thought of killing someone at some or other stage in their life and since I intended to be as honest as possible while doing the psychometric test, I answered yes, needless to say, I did not receive any calls from them about my application I should have lied, everyone lies when they do psychometric tests.

MBTI
    YaYa

Perhaps with my looks................blue steel.

MBTI
    INTx

Yes.

The internal debate with me would this: I hold life to be precious, yet I easily dehumanize those who disregard the rights of others. I could see myself being difficult to trigger yet applying excessive force once in motion.

But it's never come up and I hope it never does.

Edits: Holy insomnia batman. Fixed my wording a lot.

MBTI
    STP

my first reaction is to disable not to kill.
    Im out, its been fun

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    my first reaction is to disable not to kill.
    Same.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Same.
    All well and go talking about it in the abstract, I know someone in the US who told me they would shoot to kill in an armed confrontation because they felt the law had become such that should their assailant still be talking they could face imprisonment for defending themselves using the same lethal force they were being confronted with, guy has a family and I sympathise with that view.

Besides unless you can shoot like The Lone Ranger or handle yourself like Bruce Lee, both of which are movie examples not real world examples, then you're not going to have a choice to maim rather than kill.

I live in the US myself. Texas to be exact. I don't know where that guy above is from, but it doesn't apply to this state. You can shoot repo men here, for crissakes. Which is pretty screwed up, but that goes to show what you can do in terms of property/self protection. Sure as hell don't get imprisoned for shooting burglars or other criminals. Anyhow, your thread asked if I'd kill people, I said no. It's not abstract, it's reality. I know what I prefer to do. I mean,, do you want an anecdote? I just told a story in the SP section a couple of weeks ago where I got a gun pulled on me while in a parking lot. Instead of running the bastard over - which would have been a helluva lot easier - I pulled a fucking Starksy and Hutch spin. Problem solved. I'm just cool. Bye bye asshole

Seriously though.. "Could" I kill someone? Probably. But it's not something I like to entertain off the bat. More than likely, I'd only resort to it in a scared shitless moment's panic, without thinking. Which is rare, thank god.

[edit] there, gave you a better answer

MBTI
    ENTP

There are worse things than death. And there are worse things than causing death.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Quote Originally Posted by ObliviousExistence View Post
    depends, this reminds me of a psychometric test I once took for a job I really wanted, one of the questions was, "have you ever thought of killing someone?", I assumed it was normal for every single person to have thought of killing someone at some or other stage in their life and since I intended to be as honest as possible while doing the psychometric test, I answered yes, needless to say, I did not receive any calls from them about my application I should have lied, everyone lies when they do psychometric tests.
    My ex once applied for a job at Home Depot.

The following questions were on the test:

How often in the last six months have you physically assulted a coworker?
    How often have you stolen from your workplace?
    How often have you cursed at your supervisor?

and many more of this sort.

MBTI
    ISTJ

To the OP: Yes, and I have killed before. There is a different between killing and murdering someone. Murder is unjustified. Killing is something that is sanctioned, whether through an act of self defense, or an act of warfare.

Taking someones life isn't something you should want to do, rather, it should be something you feel you have to do.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]