User Tag List

First 917181920 Last

Results 181 to 190 of 199

  1. #181
    . Blank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    I don't believe "God" is a sadist, but that's probably because I don't believe in the tetragrammaton. If you took the Bible as your basis for proving God's existence and if you believed 100% that everything in the Bible was true, well...There're things in the Bible that contradict itself.

    Deuteronomy 20:16- The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

    Isaiah 14:21- Prepare a place to slaughter his sons for the sins of their forefathers; they are not to rise to inherit the land and cover the earth with their cities.

    Among others.

    I think Deism, more than anything fits the puzzle together better than anything else for now.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

    -----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

  2. #182
    Senior Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6
    Socionics
    INFj
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samIam View Post
    Whether or not god is real and exists, I think it's safe to say that the character or Entity that goes by the name of God in the bible is in fact sadistic.

    Could this be more proof that God is sadistic?

    Genesis 4:3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
    4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
    4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

    Why would God like Abels dead animals better than Cains fruits and vegetables? I guess it can be argued that God is more Carnivore than herbivore. Does god eat meat but not his veggies? If that is true is he concerned about colon cancer?
    Cain knew the right sacrifice to God was animal sacrifice and he did what he wanted to instead of what he was supposed to do. That is what made God mad. Cain was angry because God wouldn't take him on his own terms as many people are today. God accepts us on His own terms only. Today the only sacrifice He accepts for our sins is the sacrifice made by His Son, Jesus Christ on the Cross. These animal shedding of blood sacrifices were just a foretelling of the Blood that would really count to redeem man from sin.
    "My Journey is my Destination."

    "Today Counts Forever." R.C. Sproul

  3. #183
    desert pelican Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by samIam View Post
    Whether or not god is real and exists, I think it's safe to say that the character or Entity that goes by the name of God in the bible is in fact sadistic.

    Could this be more proof that God is sadistic?

    Genesis 4:3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
    4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
    4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

    Why would God like Abels dead animals better than Cains fruits and vegetables? I guess it can be argued that God is more Carnivore than herbivore. Does god eat meat but not his veggies? If that is true is he concerned about colon cancer?
    Quote Originally Posted by samIam View Post
    So true. But being that he is supposed to be male, a question I have had is why is he so fascinated with everyones foreskin?
    Interesting.

    When I read the Bible, I find a "compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin."

    However, you puzzle over the natures of sacrifice and circumcision, both visible manifestations of God's mercy, yet you say God is sadistic.

    Before you can understand the covenant with Abraham, you need to understand the covenant with Adam. Before you can understand what is written in Genesis 4, you must understand what is written in Genesis 3, and 1&2 before that. And Genesis 1 assumes you have some understanding of who God is. Before you even start to read the Bible, I'd counsel you to seek out what can be known of God apart from scripture, as scripture assumes its readers already have some knowledge of God that is prior to its message.

    If you think God is sadistic because of the curse, don't worry. God has promised to remove the curse. If you're upset about death, and the loss of your body, don't worry. You'll get your body back, and it will be free from the ailments of old age and sickness.

    When I read the Bible, I find a God who is both merciful and just; "he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation."

  4. #184
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    336

    Default

    The rose in the midst of the thorn and sex in the midst of the anus--perhaps God is a practical joker.

  5. #185
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    When I read the Bible, I find a God who is both merciful and just; "he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation."
    I find a case for both the merciful AND for the sadistic.

    That's the problem with a document that is cobbled together over 1500 years (or however long), from a variety of cultures and time periods. You're going to get an inconsistent view of God.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #186

  7. #187
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default

    God is not sadistic as he does not exist. Those who invented the cult called Christianity were sadistic.

  8. #188
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    atheists are annoying.


    just as an afterthought, for those of you who were wondering, i'm not a right wing christian fuck, that's just my opinion on atheists

  9. #189
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    938

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by metaphours View Post
    atheists are annoying.


    just as an afterthought, for those of you who were wondering, i'm not a right wing christian fuck, that's just my opinion on atheists
    hahaha. It's not a bad thing to have strong values. Worse are those who don't really believe but go to church because "it's a good thing".

  10. #190
    cast shadows metaphours's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hommefatal View Post
    hahaha. It's not a bad thing to have strong values. Worse are those who don't really believe but go to church because "it's a good thing".
    i couldnt agree with you more. everytime i go to church on like easter or christmas you always see these people who show up but have never gone to church once in their lives and i just wanna be like -__- fuck off. hahahah

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Is it just me or...
    By yenom in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 10:13 PM
  2. [ENTJ] ENTJ greatest fears??? or is it just me???
    By Riva in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 11:00 AM
  3. [INFP] Do INFPs often question their type? Or is it just me?
    By r0wo1 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 11:59 AM
  4. Is it just me, or are ENFP's the largest extroverted group here?
    By Angry Ayrab in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-05-2008, 08:52 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-24-2007, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO