User Tag List

First 51314151617 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by GirlAmerica View Post
    What do YOU consider proof? This is a question based on the fact that each person is looking thru their own perception. What may seem proof enough for me, may not be for another.

*faith is a huge piece in Christianity....acknowledging certain proof may be lacking
    Replicable scientific research.

Generally, I'm only willing to place my faith in the recurrence of something I've already witnessed or seen demonstrated. I have faith that the earth's rotation won't reversed while I'm asleep tonight, but that's mainly because I haven't seen that happen in 24 years on the planet. Faith in something you've never actually seen seems like denial of reality.

GirlAmerica

Man created religion...not God.

MBTI
    INTP

The bottom line is this:

Being a Christian requires only ONE THING....and nothing else.
    No deeds nor rituals etc....

That one thing is to accept a gift.
    Accepting the blood of the lamb to cover your sins and to gain entry into the Kingdom of Heaven. Accepting Jesus Christ as your savior. Period.
    Meaning what? It's easy to say that, but when I ask how I would go about "accepting the gift" the answer always seems to involve a whole lot of ritual.

MBTI
    INTP

Man created religion...not God.
    No, man also created God.

GirlAmerica

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    Replicable scientific research.

Generally, I'm only willing to place my faith in the recurrence of something I've already witnessed or seen demonstrated. I have faith that the earth's rotation won't reversed while I'm asleep tonight, but that's mainly because I haven't seen that happen in 24 years on the planet. Faith in something you've never actually seen seems like denial of reality.
    There are many things science cannot explain.

Science actually supports many things in the Bible.
    I supplied a link to a Theology based Church.
    It is a thinking persons church....nothing radical at all.
    All based on proof, science supporting theories, historical documentation supporting events etc.

I could accept nothing else myself.
    C.S. Lewis is a same minded person. He wanted proof also...he tried to de-bunk Christianity as an Atheist. Instead, the PROOF was so compelling...he could not deny what he discovered. He now writes about that very subject AS A CHRISTIAN.

Xenos Christian Fellowship, Columbus, OH

Any teachings by Gary Delashmut are my favorites, followed by Dennis McCallum.

GirlAmerica

Meaning what? It's easy to say that, but when I ask how I would go about "accepting the gift" the answer always seems to involve a whole lot of ritual.
    You pray, and you open your life to accepting the gift. You tell God, you request it. PERIOD.

You must be experiencing something like Catholicism.
    And that my sweet....that is religion based.
    It can be ugly stuff.....
    I am saying nothing against Catholics.... There are some wonderful people who practice that religion. To each their own. Just isnt for ME.
    The things that Catholics etc require.......are not in the Bible as a requirement.

GirlAmerica

Slavery to the Law: This refers to the bondage of trying to earn God’s acceptance by keeping his moral laws. This is the way of religion—including “Christian” religion—but it is a dead-end. Because God’s Law is moral perfection, it can only expose your violations and moral debt to God. Like runaway credit debt, it turns God into an enemy to fear—and there is no bankruptcy option.

The only liberation is redemption—God releasing you from this debt slavery by paying the debt himself. This is exactly what Jesus came to do (read Gal. 3:13). By living the perfect life that you owe God, and by voluntarily paying for your violations on the Cross, you are free forever from God’s judgment—once you personally receive this gift from him (read Acts 13:38,39)! This is what Paul was referring to in Gal. 5:1. This is what transform your relationship with God from slavish fear to security on his love (Rom. 8:15). Have you admitted your hopeless debt to God and asked Jesus to redeem you from this slavery? If not, this is the main point for you tonight . . .
    GARY DELASHMUT
    The "Backward" Widsom of God - Freedom and Slavery

GirlAmerica

No, man also created God.
    Man has created many gods.....

GirlAmerica

How do we know anything historically? There is no "scientific" proof that Lincoln was the president. We cannot recreate him in a laboratory or bring him back to life. We cannot reproduce the experiment. We cannot calculate an equation that tells us that he was. But we can assert with a high degree of probability that Lincoln was indeed our president and was assassinated in 1865. We do this by appealing to historical evidence. Many people saw Lincoln. We have some of his writings and even his picture, not to mention his likeness on our pennies. But none of this "proves", in a scientific sense, that Lincoln ever lived or was the president.

The kind of evidence used in historical research is the same kind as that used in a court of law. In a courtroom case certain kinds of evidences are appealed to in order to determine what exactly happened, eyewitnesses are questioned, motives are examined, and physical evidence is scrutinized such as fingerprints or journal writings.

It is the same kind of evidence that we appeal to in order to establish Christ's life, death, and resurrection. Granted, the evidence is not as great as that for Lincoln, nor as recent. But it is better evidence than we have that Plato ever lived, or Homer, or many historical figures that we take for granted.
    A link on historical evidence of the Resurrection of Christ etc.

Historical Evidence for the Resurrection

The thing is, GirlAmerica, christians don't agree on anything and no christian's word carries more weight than another's.

I've asked this before and I'll ask it again: why is your god such a poor communicator?
    Last edited by sassafrassquatch; 11-29-2007 at 11:36 PM. Reason: spelling :P