• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is life worth living?

Lark

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide. Life is either worth living or it is not. - Albert Camus

So guys, is that it?

Qre:us

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide. Life is either worth living or it is not. - Albert Camus

So guys, is that it?

Life means alive, means living...that's the only worth of life. Living. It's in the definition.

Then, humans get their brains, with weird abstract thoughts and starts to muddle up what 'worth' is/isn't.... :doh:

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
there is a pattern to this that seems universal.

i) we are designed to be social/active, excluded from social activity life sucks.
ii) we are designed to be loved, excluded from love life sucks.
iii) we are designed to have a functioning immune system, when its compromised life sucks.

when the above is positive life is positively inclined and such thoughts are unthinkable, when the above is negative life is negative and such thoughts are thought about. its a stress response to the environment, social and internal system as a balance to the way you experience situational life. the mind body connection.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP

So guys, is that it?
Camus said only what.
Blake said what and when.

Do not misinterpret.

Check.
And double check.
Emotion is a deceiver.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Life means alive, means living...that's the only worth of life. Living. It's in the definition.

Then, humans get their brains, with weird abstract thoughts and starts to muddle up what 'worth' is/isn't.... :doh:
You do not need brains to know the answer.
Every plant knows what is what.

Brains did not bring about intelligence.
Intelligence brought about brains.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8

So guys, is that it?

When the alternative is supreme nothingness, then yes, life is almost always worth living. If you're religious/spiritual, then the question becomes more complicated.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Define "worth". Seeing as how eternity is forever, you may as well see how much life you can take and see it through to the end.

Miserable

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w6

So guys, is that it?

I've been wondering this for a long long time.....

Life is definitely worth living!

Dying's not great either.

Only if your power level is over 9000.

there is a pattern to this that seems universal.

i) we are designed to be social/active, excluded from social activity life sucks.
ii) we are designed to be loved, excluded from love life sucks.
iii) we are designed to have a functioning immune system, when its compromised life sucks.

when the above is positive life is positively inclined and such thoughts are unthinkable, when the above is negative life is negative and such thoughts are thought about. its a stress response to the environment, social and internal system as a balance to the way you experience situational life. the mind body connection.

Define "worth". Seeing as how eternity is forever, you may as well see how much life you can take and see it through to the end.

:rofl1:

Very good post wildcat, you said it all.

When the alternative is supreme nothingness, then yes, life is almost always worth living. If you're religious/spiritual, then the question becomes more complicated.

Exactly, yes!

:nice:

That's what INTPs can do!

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
That depends, if you think your life is worth living then I guess it is.

It would be presumptuous to believe that all lives are worth living.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Uhh... what the hell else are you going to do besides live life? Die?

Qre:us

How deep is one's awareness?

To do:
knowing
or
unknowing,
Thy Will...be done.

Live
or
Leave.

To know is to know that you know.
Meta-
cognition
morphosis.

Chicken/Egg.
What came first?
Question: Irrelevant.
Questioning: relevant.
The brain is intelligence;
If you know of it.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think, therefore, I am. What I was trying to say in my earlier post. Thanks! :D

Too bad a priori logic doesn't always hold much value in the real world. Ti :doh:

Descartes was definitely onto something though, and he probably got a lot more done than Camus. However, I don't think Descartes fucked quite as many women...