User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Depends; in a harsh winter, or in less bountiful climates, such as the poles or deserts? It's pretty rough getting a meal some days.

Especially if yeu have 20-30 people to feed, and all the other animals are fighting for food as well, and wolves, bears, and other predators, are far better built and designed for hunting than humans are.

When yeu're down to only about 50 rabbits in the area, and yeu have to feed 30 people every day, yeu run out of rabbits awfully fast.

The reason for the agricultural society, is that it was sustainable, the food stores could be preserved easily to last through winter whereas meat went bad unless it was heavily salted, and then it tasted like crap. Or salted crap. Whotever.

Thing is, as yeu get more people in an area... let's say a city of a million people... see if yeu can find enough rabbits within 1 day's walk to feed every last one of them. As yeu grow in population size, it gets harder and harder to maintain food supply via hunting alone. Agriculture just works out better long term with more people, and, although still prone to complications with weather, it's still more stable than trying to hunt.

It's also hard as hell to chase anything down when yeu're starving from lack of food for 4-5 days due to crappy hunting, no energy means no energy to hunt, which means no food, which means no energy to hunt with... nice little cycle there.

As such, yes, if yeu were worried about ONE person for ONE day, hunting down a single rabbit may not be too hard. If yeu're trying to support a small society for an extended time, it doesn't work so well.
    That's well thought out.

Finding a rabbit is one thing. Killing a rabbit without the aid of a gun, or modern weapon? vs. growing food on an acre that wouldn't otherwise support a group of humans for very long.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

To be or not to be
    That is the question...

My answer depends on what day you ask me, but generally I figure why not stick around if only just to see what happens.

MBTI
    INFP

I used to believe it wasn't but now I feel that it is. That could change, but the fact that I was proven wrong before will give me the courage to hold onto hope if ever it is threatened.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Who determines the value of something like life? I'd say the one doing the living. I can't remember a day when I felt like life wasn't worth living, but clearly, life is not always worth living.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    To be or not to be
    That is the question...

My answer depends on what day you ask me, but generally I figure why not stick around if only just to see what happens.
    Yes, that's what I think as well.

I'm positive that hope is always better than willingly embracing nothingness, even in the most desperate times.
    I am still waiting for that moment or day or year which proves me right.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Worth is an emotion. Maybe a by-product of emotion.

So it depends on your emotions, or rather your future emotions.

Yes it is! I just know this instinctivly, without any justification. And I'm fine with it.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

I never really understood the point of life at all. This sounds really negative. If I think about it too much I get depressed and have a headache and need to go to bed.
    Either way, I don't really feel that life is worth ending since ending is inevitable eventually anyways. Now if we were going to be around forever unless we killed ourselves, then I think we'd have some deep thinking to do.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I don't see any reason not to live.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)