User Tag List

First 344243444546 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

See now this thread pisses me off and I'm not gonna come to it anymore!

I think religious people piss me off so much because I'm angry at them all for lying to me when I was a kid.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by milkyway2 View Post
    I think religious people piss me off so much because I'm angry at them all for lying to me when I was a kid.
    And atheist parents don't lie to their children?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Ok athiests too I'm sorry. Any parent that tells their child that they know whether or not God exists or not is a liar. How hard is it to say "I don't know." That's the truth. None of us know anything.

MBTI
    INTP

None of us know anything.
    ^How far would you take this?

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

See now this thread pisses me off and I'm not gonna come to it anymore!
    Wow.

I can grasp that, I'm still mad at some of the things religious people have held over me too.

But we still have to come to terms with it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    ?
    Socionics
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    ^How far would you take this?
    REAL FAR

Sniffles

REAL FAR
    It's just like as Chesterton stated: "It's the first effect of not believing in God that you lose your common sense."

Even when Socrates declared he didn't know anything to the Oracle, he did so on the grounds that only God posseses knowledge. By contrast, man in his incomplete understanding of the world is at best a lover of knowledge and wisdom("philosopher").

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont know how this thread has provoked the strength of feeling it has in some people, I'm not visiting it anymore because it got dull.

There's only so far you can take any one topic before it becomes pantomine, "oh yes it is!", "oh no it isnt!" style.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    There's only so far you can take any one topic before it becomes pantomine, "oh yes it is!", "oh no it isnt!" style.
    Like 99% of the threads, thanks to people's drone collctive buzzing on message boards :steam:
    I'm not clever enough to have a signature.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's probably because INTs, in general, tend to apply analytical reasoning to everything in a vicious manner that we tend to dislike church. Plus, as you said, we're not very social or generally optimistic (as in fact, we tend to be very cynical). Thus, church and the superficial smiling and false emotions which go along with it just tends to throw us off. We INTPs generally aren't made to see life from some false rosy glow; we want to know what is truly driving the world. Hence, logic tends to be used like a knife to cut away at anything and everything which doesn't add up. Therefore, we can totally reason away all of the happy aspects of life which simply ultimately lack real meaning. This may lead to nihilism, or something similar, but always something realistic and based on what logically exists. So we just tend to want to be around intelligent persons, as we are—not a bunch of rather "mindlessly social" drones who actually do tend to believe anything they are told.

At least that's how I tend to view the INTPs general relationship to society. I've been there, done that. I destroyed the concept of God, internally, through logic. I've reasoned away all of the fancy wishful thinking hopeful perceptions a human being could have toward this world (which I've come to conclude is absurd and meaningless). I've decided people are generally morons (as George Carlin did). So a church is the LAST place I ever want to be, truly wasting my time. I could masturbate, or play a few video games, instead. And life's more pleasurable and less logically dissonant that way.