User Tag List

First 18262728293038 Last

Results 271 to 280 of 458

  1. #271
    Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx
    Posts
    21,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    no, i will not accept this criticism. saying people deserve to go to hell forever and suffer because they choose a differnt god (or no god) than you do is REPREHENSIBLE. its not a matter of cherry picking. its a matter of sayng, hey, you support this terrible idea and you apply it twoards me and all who do not think like you. It's WRONG.
    Yeah, you're right, its also a tragic misrepresentation of Christianity I'm afraid.

    I'll make this as simple as possible, rejecting Christianity, God and disliking the consequeces is like binning the winning lottery ticket and complaining about having no money.

  2. #272
    DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    MBTI
    Hype
    Posts
    2,078

    Default

    How come this shit hasn't been split into another thread yet? The topic is supposd to be about INTPs and their perspective on religion, not a debate about stances/takes on Christianity. No one's even mentioned INTPs for like 100 posts.

  3. #273
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I haven't mentioned my personal take on religion. I'm simply encouraging you to broaden yours.
    yes, you want me to broaden my take on religion by ignroring the very hostile undertones oc christianity. thats an unreasonable request of you to make.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  4. #274
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    to everyone who has given me "advice" and criticized me for "cherry picking".

    1- i don't care how many "good" things the bible has to say, 1,000 good things wouldn't make up for the apppaling idea that all who don't worship as you do go to hell and suffer forever.

    2- as to the christian "doesnt believe in hell" well, all the people on this thread, none of them have actualy denied the existence of hell as a place of eternal suffering, so i dont see why you're even bringing the point up.


    So just because non of the christians here have denied the existance of hell. That means that it's irrelevant? What? No. It means there are people out there who believe that hell doesn't exist based on their interpretations, which means that there are different beliefs even within christianity. PROVE that your understanding of christianity is correct before you make claims about how evil it is.

    Jeez. I won't hold back. But seriously, if I were to use MBTI terminology here, the inferior Ti is really showing up. That's enough insult from me.

  5. #275
    half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    6,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    yes, you want me to broaden my take on religion by ignroring the very hostile undertones oc christianity. thats an unreasonable request of you to make.
    Do you condemn all religions, or just Christianity?

    Do you always assert non-belief in things you find unpleasant?

  6. #276
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Yeah, you're right, its also a tragic misrepresentation of Christianity I'm afraid.

    I'll make this as simple as possible, rejecting Christianity, God and disliking the consequeces is like binning the winning lottery ticket and complaining about having no money.
    no, its not, its like rejecting god and then having god send you to hell to suffer forever. do you really think anybody would CHOOSE to do that. like, here's the fire, stick you hand in it??????

    no, you people call for me to BELIEVE in christ. its not enoough to acknowldge that god is XYZ and i need jesus for XYZ + ABC in order to reach salvation. i could say anything to save my skin, but i can't believe an immoral, cruel system of punishment is FAIR.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  7. #277
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post


    So just because non of the christians here have denied the existance of hell. That means that it's irrelevant? What? No. It means there are people out there who believe that hell doesn't exist based on their interpretations, which means that there are different beliefs even within christianity. PROVE that your understanding of christianity is correct before you make claims about how evil it is.

    Jeez. I won't hold back. But seriously, if I were to use MBTI terminology here, the inferior Ti is really showing up. That's enough insult from me.
    you want proof?
    go to a concordence and start typing in things like hell and salvation
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  8. #278
    Boring old fossil Night's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None
    Posts
    4,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    yes, you want me to broaden my take on religion by ignroring the very hostile undertones oc christianity. thats an unresaonlble request of you to make.
    No that isn't what I want - again you're projecting opinion.

    I'm not suggesting that you ignore completely the gruesome elements of religion, nor that they don't work to color your perspective as it applies to said religion. That's your right as an independent thinker. One should never ignore truth.

    Merely that you step back and analyze the global network of an idea before condemning it altogether. Insofar as this thread offers, your take has been combative and single-minded. You offer sweeping generalizations on the intellect of the religious constituency and then abominate biblical quotes before inaccurately reconstructing them as to best conform them to your particular system of belief. You aren't even making an honest attempt at objectivity.

    Like I said earlier, it's as if you began with a conclusion and worked towards building a premise. This is not how you build an intellectual understanding of anything, much less something as complex as a/theism.

  9. #279
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    you want proof?
    go to a concordence and start typing in things like hell and salvation
    That is just one interpretation of the bible.

    You can't use that as justification. It's like me asking someone to prove their God, and them pointing towards the bible. It is not proof.

    You are doing the exact same thing here. Me asking for proof, and you just pointing towards an interpretation. How can you be so certain that your understanding is the true one? You haven't answered that. Not to mention it doesn't even seem like you know that much about christianity in a holistic manner. For example: When you attempted to take a dig at christianity with it's slavery, only to be rebutted by Pegus on the issue.

    If you don't understand christianity fully, can you really complain about it? I would not think so. It's like arguing about the physics of universe without understanding the all the different views on how it could work.

  10. #280
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    No that isn't what I want - again you're projecting opinion.

    I'm not suggesting that you ignore completely the gruesome elements of religion, nor that they don't work to color your perspective as it applies to said religion. That's your right as an independent thinker. One should never ignore truth.

    Merely that you step back and analyze the global network of an idea before condemning it altogether. Insofar as this thread offers, your take has been combative and single-minded. You offer sweeping generalizations on the intellect of the religious constituency and then abominate biblical quotes before inaccurately reconstructing them as to best conform them to your particular system of belief. You aren't even making an honest attempt at objectivity.

    Like I said earlier, it's as if you began with a conclusion and worked towards building a premise, rather than the other way around.
    yeah, funny enough people have conformed to those sweeping generalizations. thats becasue i'm not competing aginst individual thought but aginst a mechanism that requies people to reshape the english language into meanigless semantics in order to defend their position. "my god is god and he can make any rule he wants. he can define himself as loving and act in a vindictive manner because, well, he's god". thats essentily saying it doesnt matter what position i hold, it's going to be right regardless of criticism, because i've attached the word "god" to it.

    and i'm not iterested in an expanded view of christiaity/religion. because at the core of it sits and idea so reprehensible. even if i wanted to take your advice, and i dont, but even if i wanted to my sense of fairness and morality would not allow me to.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTP and Escapism
    By The Unknown Essence in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
  2. [INTP] The INTP and Feelings
    By reason in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
  3. [INTP] INTPs and Big Crowds/Concerts
    By intpgirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 06:33 PM
  4. [INTP] INTPs and Grammar
    By MerkW in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 07:06 AM
  5. [INTP] INTPs and life
    By JonJT in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO