User Tag List

First 13212223242533 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    you could say it. you couldn't believe it. wait. maybe you could. i know i wouldnt be able to.

you're a tricky little one, aren't you.
    Not tricks: intellectual jiu-jitsu.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    The apocryphal saints? Oh, I'm sorry, the CANONIZED bible, as in the version approved of human powermongers of the church, ex-cathdra Petri, and what not?
    Hello Halla. Good to see you in the thread. I must admit this post perplexes me. Care to expand?

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Why would a just and loving God try to enlighten His people when not knowing about this enlightenment would not cause us ill but knowing about its existence would so condemn so many?
    I'm not even sure the scenario you describe here is possible. Anyway, I certainly don't think it applies to the actual God.

Ginkgo

1- i will answer, for the third time now, about contradiction. sending someone to hell --- forever --- for rejecting god is not a loving thing to do. and your christian god is defined as a loving god.
    You choose your punishment. Therefore, by your logic, if you send yourself to Hell, then you do not love yourself.

2- and no this is not fair. you saying it's fair doesnt make it so. however, the fact that an infinte punishment is being applied for a finite crime. there is no way that can be defined as fair. the very idea of "fair" dictates that the punishment must fit the crime.
    If you know the crime and the consequences for committing the crime, then it is perfectly fair. Your idea of "fairness" is derived from a worldly perspective - a finite perspective. However, you have an infinite soul that is bound by infinite consequences.

Sniffles

no, becasue it does not match the description of a loving act. it causes harm. please tell me how casuing harm is a loving act.
    Ever heard of tough love?

god doesnt get to set his wn rules. oh wait! he does. but that doesnt mean he gets to use different defintions for words than we do.
    Since he's the foundation of all being(and that includes languages). Well why don't figure it out.

four sides and four right angles will alwyas make a rectanlge
    Rectangles have nothing to do with this issue.

don't need any. all i need is the dictionary:
    :rolli:

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    You choose your punishment. Therefore, by your logic, if you send yourself to Hell, then you do not love yourself.

If you know the crime and the consequences for committing the crime, then it is perfectly fair. Your idea of "fairness" is derived from a worldly perspective - a finite perspective. However, you have an infinite soul that is bound by infinite consequences.
    no, because i can --- say --- jesus christ is my lord and savior, etc, but i can't --- believe --- it unless i actually believe it. christianlty is in the buisness of punishng people not for what they say, not for what they do, but for what they believe.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Ever heard of tough love?
    sure. tough love gives one the opportunity to learn from one's mistakes though.

Ginkgo

no, because i can --- say --- jesus christ is my lord and savior, etc, but i can't --- believe --- it unless i actually believe it. christianlty is in the buisness of punishng people not for what they say, not for what they do, but for what they believe.
    Belief stems from some amount of knowledge. Perhaps you lack it.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Since he's the foundation of all being(and that includes languages). Well why don't figure it out.
    so nothing god can do could be in any way wrong? wow. if it's wrong to steal, and god steals, he's wrong.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Belief stems from some amount of knowledge. Perhaps you lack it.
    perhaps. so now you're down to judging people because they don't have the righ ttype of knowledge. forget about what they say or do, who they are or how they act. it's what they know or don't know. how's that a moral judgement for anything????

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?

Hey guys, I don't want to overstep my bounds or anything, but I question how much good's being accomplished at the moment. How would you all feel about putting a damper on the conversation for a bit and leaving it for later?
    "There are no answers, only choices."
    -Jennifer

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Hey guys, I don't want to overstep my bounds or anything, but I question how much good's being accomplished at the moment. How would you all feel about putting a damper on the conversation for a bit and leaving it for later?
    you're not overstepping you bounds but the only reason why we are not making any progress is people have resorted to the "my god is god and therefor can do no wrong" defense.