User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 458

  1. #211
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Where exactly did I deny the existence of Hell? BTW, stop changing the subject.

  2. #212
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Where exactly did I deny the existence of Hell? BTW, stop changing the subject.
    we've been on the same subject for several days now. and you didnt answer the question. people are being punished, for eternity, for actions or choices carried out in a finite lifetime. is this:

    1- fair
    2- unfair
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  3. #213
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Why would a just and loving God try to enlighten His people when not knowing about this enlightenment would not cause us ill but knowing about its existence would so condemn so many?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  4. #214
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Why would a just and loving God try to enlighten His people when not knowing about this enlightenment would not cause us ill but knowing about its existence would so condemn so many?
    becasue he wants to be worshiped......
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  5. #215
    desert pelican Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    your position is that hell is a self inflicted wound. you have just said that i deserve to go to hell because i reject your god. its you who made it personal, not me.
    I wrote about hell, not you.

    You made this statement:

    this life is the only place to understand it. punishing someone, forever, for what they do, or choose, in this life, is unfair. end of story.
    I believe this to be a false conception of hell, and I told you what I believe to be a true conception. This doesn't constitute an ad hominem attack.

    my concience would never permit me to believe a $10 fine was acceptable punishment for rape or murder. my logical mind would never let me believe the moon was made of cheese. and to answer your question, any time i let my concience "lead me away" i always had a nagging feeling telling me i was doing something wrong.
    So, your conscience has lead you astray. How do you know it's not leading you astray with respect to God?

  6. #216
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    we've been on the same subject for several days now.
    Yeah because you're a broken record.

    and you didnt answer the question.
    You refuse to answer any of my question, going back to the Principle of Non-Contradiction(PNC), yet stomp your foot about me not answering your questions. Cute!

    people are being punished, for eternity, for actions or choices carried out in a finite lifetime. is this:

    1- fair
    2- unfair
    Yes actually it is fair, since they freely choose that course. Now, if you could go back and answer my questions!

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    So, your conscience has lead you astray. How do you know it's not leading you astray with respect to God?
    He believes because it's bullshit.

  7. #217
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I wrote about hell, not you.

    You made this statement:



    I believe this to be a false conception of hell, and I told you what I believe to be a true conception. This doesn't constitute an ad hominem attack.



    So, your conscience has lead you astray. How do you know it's not leading you astray with respect to God?
    ad hominem? you're the one sitting here and trying to complicate things. "what if its a fact that a $10 dollar fine is an aaceptable punishment for rape or murder".

    do you really really --- really --- believe this is a suitable punishment for rape or murder?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  8. #218
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yeah because you're a broken record.


    You refuse to answer any of my question, going back to the Principle of Non-Contradiction(PNC), yet stomp your foot about me not answering your questions. Cute!


    Yes actually it is fair, since they freely choose that course. Now, if you could go back and answer my questions!


    He believes because it's bullshit.
    1- i will answer, for the third time now, about contradiction. sending someone to hell --- forever --- for rejecting god is not a loving thing to do. and your christian god is defined as a loving god.

    2- and no this is not fair. you saying it's fair doesnt make it so. however, the fact that an infinte punishment is being applied for a finite crime. there is no way that can be defined as fair. the very idea of "fair" dictates that the punishment must fit the crime.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  9. #219
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    1- i will answer, for the third time now, about contradiction. sending someone to hell --- forever --- for rejecting god is not a loving thing to do. and your christian god is defined as a loving god.
    Because you say so huh?


    2- and no this is not fair. you saying it's fair doesnt make it so.
    Your contradiction will not make it unfair either, considering you're trying to argue with God - or the unmoved mover or first cause of the universe as he's often also referred to as.


    however, the fact that an infinte punishment is being applied for a finite crime. there is no way that can be defined as fair. the very idea of "fair" dictates that the punishment must fit the crime.
    And what exactly is your legal training might I ask?

  10. #220
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Because you say so huh?
    no, becasue it does not match the description of a loving act. it causes harm. please tell me how casuing harm is a loving act.

    Your contradiction will not make it unfair either, considering you're trying to argue with God - or the unmoved mover or first cause of the universe as he's often also referred to as.
    god doesnt get to set his wn rules. oh wait! he does. but that doesnt mean he gets to use different defintions for words than we do. four sides and four right angles will alwyas make a rectanlge

    And what exactly is your legal training might I ask?
    don't need any. all i need is the dictionary:

    love: a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. (hell is neither tender nor is it affectionate).
    just: Properly due or merited
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTP and Escapism
    By The Unknown Essence in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
  2. [INTP] The INTP and Feelings
    By reason in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
  3. [INTP] INTPs and Big Crowds/Concerts
    By intpgirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 06:33 PM
  4. [INTP] INTPs and Grammar
    By MerkW in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 07:06 AM
  5. [INTP] INTPs and life
    By JonJT in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO