• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTP and hating religion.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
you could say it. you couldn't believe it. wait. maybe you could. i know i wouldnt be able to.

you're a tricky little one, aren't you.

Not tricks: intellectual jiu-jitsu.

The apocryphal saints? Oh, I'm sorry, the CANONIZED bible, as in the version approved of human powermongers of the church, ex-cathdra Petri, and what not? :whistling:

Hello Halla. Good to see you in the thread. I must admit this post perplexes me. Care to expand?

Why would a just and loving God try to enlighten His people when not knowing about this enlightenment would not cause us ill but knowing about its existence would so condemn so many?

I'm not even sure the scenario you describe here is possible. Anyway, I certainly don't think it applies to the actual God.

G

Ginkgo

1- i will answer, for the third time now, about contradiction. sending someone to hell --- forever --- for rejecting god is not a loving thing to do. and your christian god is defined as a loving god.

You choose your punishment. Therefore, by your logic, if you send yourself to Hell, then you do not love yourself.

2- and no this is not fair. you saying it's fair doesnt make it so. however, the fact that an infinte punishment is being applied for a finite crime. there is no way that can be defined as fair. the very idea of "fair" dictates that the punishment must fit the crime.

If you know the crime and the consequences for committing the crime, then it is perfectly fair. Your idea of "fairness" is derived from a worldly perspective - a finite perspective. However, you have an infinite soul that is bound by infinite consequences.

S

Sniffles

no, becasue it does not match the description of a loving act. it causes harm. please tell me how casuing harm is a loving act.

Ever heard of tough love?

god doesnt get to set his wn rules. oh wait! he does. but that doesnt mean he gets to use different defintions for words than we do.
Since he's the foundation of all being(and that includes languages). Well why don't figure it out.

four sides and four right angles will alwyas make a rectanlge
Rectangles have nothing to do with this issue.

don't need any. all i need is the dictionary:
:rolli:

Robert165

MBTI Type
ENFJ
You choose your punishment. Therefore, by your logic, if you send yourself to Hell, then you do not love yourself.

If you know the crime and the consequences for committing the crime, then it is perfectly fair. Your idea of "fairness" is derived from a worldly perspective - a finite perspective. However, you have an infinite soul that is bound by infinite consequences.
no, because i can --- say --- jesus christ is my lord and savior, etc, but i can't --- believe --- it unless i actually believe it. christianlty is in the buisness of punishng people not for what they say, not for what they do, but for what they believe.

G

Ginkgo

no, because i can --- say --- jesus christ is my lord and savior, etc, but i can't --- believe --- it unless i actually believe it. christianlty is in the buisness of punishng people not for what they say, not for what they do, but for what they believe.

Belief stems from some amount of knowledge. Perhaps you lack it.

Robert165

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Since he's the foundation of all being(and that includes languages). Well why don't figure it out.
so nothing god can do could be in any way wrong? wow. if it's wrong to steal, and god steals, he's wrong.

Robert165

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Belief stems from some amount of knowledge. Perhaps you lack it.
perhaps. so now you're down to judging people because they don't have the righ ttype of knowledge. forget about what they say or do, who they are or how they act. it's what they know or don't know. how's that a moral judgement for anything????

Scott

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9/5?
Hey guys, I don't want to overstep my bounds or anything, but I question how much good's being accomplished at the moment. How would you all feel about putting a damper on the conversation for a bit and leaving it for later?

Robert165

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hey guys, I don't want to overstep my bounds or anything, but I question how much good's being accomplished at the moment. How would you all feel about putting a damper on the conversation for a bit and leaving it for later?
you're not overstepping you bounds but the only reason why we are not making any progress is people have resorted to the "my god is god and therefor can do no wrong" defense.

G

Ginkgo

perhaps. so now you're down to judging people because they don't have the righ ttype of knowledge. forget about what they say or do, who they are or how they act. it's what they know or don't know. how's that a moral judgement for anything????

If you don't know the laws of the land, how might you abide by them?

Scott

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9/5?
you're not overstepping you bounds but the only reason why we are not making any progress is people have resorted to the "my god is god and therefor can do no wrong" defense.

Fair enough, I'll look forward to responding later :)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I'm not even sure the scenario you describe here is possible. Anyway, I certainly don't think it applies to the actual God.

I'm just thinking of the idea of Christianity being a prosthelytizing religion. It would seem that by prothelytizing, Christians are actually doing the rest of the world a disservice.

Robert165

MBTI Type
ENFJ
So says a thief in the night.

no, so says the guy who says its wrong becasue hell is painful and thats a terrible terrible thing, made only worse by the fact that its "supposed" to be eternal. there's really not anything worse than that. and its certinly not a loving way to treat someone because they made the wrong decision about god.

G

Ginkgo

no, so says the guy who says its wrong becasue hell is painful and thats a terrible terrible thing, made only worse by the fact that its "supposed" to be eternal. there's really not anything worse than that. and its certinly not a loving way to treat someone because they made the wrong decision about god.

I apologize if I offended you.

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
He believes because it's bullshit.

What's bullshit? Certainly not Christianity!?

ad hominem? you're the one sitting here and trying to complicate things. "what if its a fact that a $10 dollar fine is an aaceptable punishment for rape or murder".

do you really really --- really --- believe this is a suitable punishment for rape or murder?

What if I did believe that? Would that make you more or less inclined to want to believe it too?