User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 458

  1. #101
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Really? Then please, do enlighten me.
    Oh come now, stop evading his crushing arguments!

  2. #102
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Really? Then please, do enlighten me.
    i dont see any point
    you've already admitted it's there
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  3. #103
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    i dont see any point
    you've already admitted it's there
    I have? In the sense you have problem with? I disagree.
    "There are no answers, only choices."
    -Jennifer

  4. #104
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    everthing i am stating can be pulled directly fron the bible. ignoring it, excusising it, rationlizing it doesn't change anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    i dont see any point
    you've already admitted it's there
    Robert, you seem to be unknowingly creating a strawman religion. You seem to be unaware that most of your construction of what it means to be a Christian does not fit with most Christians.

    Similarly, it is unwise to ignore theories of knowledge, literature, and narrative within a religion tied to a holy book. Christians like Peguy and Scott examine these issues rationally and with both a current and historical epistemological base; you, OTOH, are not.

    There are valid claims to argue against Christianity. You, unfortunately, are not engaging in many of them. You're frustrating people not because of your stance, but because you seem ignorant of the ways in which to debate against Christianity.

    I suggest reading Bertrand Russell.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  5. #105
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Robert, you seem to be unknowingly creating a strawman religion. You seem to be unaware that most of your construction of what it means to be a Christian does not fit with most Christians.

    Similarly, it is unwise to ignore theories of knowledge, literature, and narrative within a religion tied to a holy book. Christians like Peguy and Scott examine these issues rationally and with both a current and historical epistemological base; you, OTOH, are not.

    There are valid claims to argue against Christianity. You, unfortunately, are not engaging in many of them. You're frustrating people not because of your stance, but because you seem ignorant of the ways in which to debate against Christianity.

    I suggest reading Bertrand Russell.
    on the contrary
    christians defending the bible by saying they ignore parts of it
    is no real defense of anything
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  6. #106
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    on the contrary
    christians defending the bible by saying they ignore parts of it
    is no real defense of anything
    Fuh fuh fuh

  7. #107
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert165 View Post
    on the contrary
    christians defending the bible by saying they ignore parts of it
    is no real defense of anything
    Unless, you know, you examine "theories of knowledge, literature, and narrative" from either an atheistic or a theistic viewpoint. You're getting attitude back because you're arrogantly asserting a position that you have shown yourself ignorant toward.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  8. #108
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9/5?
    Posts
    97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Fuh fuh fuh
    I was so looking forward to enlightenment too.
    "There are no answers, only choices."
    -Jennifer

  9. #109
    Senior Member Robert165's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I was so looking forward to enlightenment too.
    no, you weren't

    Hell is just in no way a prominent theme in the Bible and doesn't show up very much, and where it is there it's hardly clear what exactly it is. You're making assertions of its presence in the Bible, but seem to be relying almost exclusively on certain streams of tradition which go well beyond what's stated in the Bible in your understanding of hell.

    see, you know the bible talks about hell, you just want to pretend like it doens't matter.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

    I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

  10. #110
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Yes Robert, God created Hell just to give you something to rant and rave about. There happy?

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTP and Escapism
    By The Unknown Essence in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
  2. [INTP] The INTP and Feelings
    By reason in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
  3. [INTP] INTPs and Big Crowds/Concerts
    By intpgirl in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-04-2008, 06:33 PM
  4. [INTP] INTPs and Grammar
    By MerkW in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 02-17-2008, 07:06 AM
  5. [INTP] INTPs and life
    By JonJT in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-24-2008, 08:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO