User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The Evangelical Christians in the US want all the Jews to move back to Israel because apparently you need that to start the Rapture.
    Yeah well seeing as the rapture is heretical nonsense dreamt up by seriously bad biblical scholarship good luck to them.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Also, Gen.12:3, which they interpret as treat the Jews special, and you will receive favor from God.
    Did that interpretation start after the Crusades and the Inquisition?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Italians are Jhwh's gift to Humanity.
    It's true and we all want to be Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Did that interpretation start after the Crusades and the Inquisition?
    Oh yeah because either of those particularly targetted Jews, if I remember rightly Christendom was much kinder to Jews than the Kalhiphat (spelling) was.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Oh yeah because either of those particularly targetted Jews, if I remember rightly Christendom was much kinder to Jews than the Kalhiphat (spelling) was.
    There's no need to be snarky.

First of all, I wasn't asking you; and secondly, do you know the answer or not?
    Haight

There's no need to be snarky.

First of all, I wasn't asking you; and secondly, do you know the answer or not?
    What answer are you on about? I'm not being snarky, I was only making a point, I believe you were being snarky about Christianity.

I'm seriously tired of hearing about the much exaggerated crimes of Christians, you'd think Christians were satans own storm troopers and responsible for all the wrong in the world past and present. Gets me angry and I take it personal.

Its like holocaust jokes, it really is.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Can I convert to being Latin American? They have the best food and holidays.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What answer are you on about? I'm not being snarky, I was only making a point, I believe you were being snarky about Christianity.

I'm seriously tired of hearing about the much exaggerated crimes of Christians, you'd think Christians were satans own storm troopers and responsible for all the wrong in the world past and present. Gets me angry and I take it personal.

Its like holocaust jokes, it really is.
    First of all, your point is invalid because no one said anything about being "targeted." Your attempt to reframe tells me that you're going to give me an emotional and defensive response. And just by reading a couple of your posts in this thread, I think it's clear that you have issues that need to be worked out. So I'll leave that to your priest. Therefore, please allow eric to answer my question.

Thanks. And good luck.
    Haight

First of all, your point is invalid because no one said anything about being "targeted." Your attempt to reframe tells me that you're going to give me an emotional and defensive response. And just by reading a couple of your posts in this thread, I think it's clear that you have issues that need to be worked out. So I'll leave that to your priest. Therefore, please allow eric to answer my question.

Thanks. And good luck.
    You sure you'd not like to try and give me the benefit of your condescention for a bit longer?

Like I say I dont know what your original question or point is, if I seem defensive its because you referenced the inquistion and crusades when it wasnt called for.

Its a response you can expect if you attack my faith without cause. Cheers.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

These subjects can be a bit dicey...(and ones I prefer to avoid). Logic often gets lost in the collision. Lets try and both feel and see things for the various sides of the equation so nobody gets hurt. Both Israel...as well as Ireland are still reeling from history involving religious/ethnic/racial conflicts.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"