User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 87

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The Evangelical Christians in the US want all the Jews to move back to Israel because apparently you need that to start the Rapture.
    Yeah well seeing as the rapture is heretical nonsense dreamt up by seriously bad biblical scholarship good luck to them.

  2. #62
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    Also, Gen.12:3, which they interpret as treat the Jews special, and you will receive favor from God.
    Did that interpretation start after the Crusades and the Inquisition?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  3. #63
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Italians are Jhwh's gift to Humanity.
    It's true and we all want to be Italian.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    Did that interpretation start after the Crusades and the Inquisition?
    Oh yeah because either of those particularly targetted Jews, if I remember rightly Christendom was much kinder to Jews than the Kalhiphat (spelling) was.

  5. #65
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Oh yeah because either of those particularly targetted Jews, if I remember rightly Christendom was much kinder to Jews than the Kalhiphat (spelling) was.
    There's no need to be snarky.

    First of all, I wasn't asking you; and secondly, do you know the answer or not?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    There's no need to be snarky.

    First of all, I wasn't asking you; and secondly, do you know the answer or not?
    What answer are you on about? I'm not being snarky, I was only making a point, I believe you were being snarky about Christianity.

    I'm seriously tired of hearing about the much exaggerated crimes of Christians, you'd think Christians were satans own storm troopers and responsible for all the wrong in the world past and present. Gets me angry and I take it personal.

    Its like holocaust jokes, it really is.

  7. #67
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Can I convert to being Latin American? They have the best food and holidays.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  8. #68
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    What answer are you on about? I'm not being snarky, I was only making a point, I believe you were being snarky about Christianity.

    I'm seriously tired of hearing about the much exaggerated crimes of Christians, you'd think Christians were satans own storm troopers and responsible for all the wrong in the world past and present. Gets me angry and I take it personal.

    Its like holocaust jokes, it really is.
    First of all, your point is invalid because no one said anything about being "targeted." Your attempt to reframe tells me that you're going to give me an emotional and defensive response. And just by reading a couple of your posts in this thread, I think it's clear that you have issues that need to be worked out. So I'll leave that to your priest. Therefore, please allow eric to answer my question.

    Thanks. And good luck.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    First of all, your point is invalid because no one said anything about being "targeted." Your attempt to reframe tells me that you're going to give me an emotional and defensive response. And just by reading a couple of your posts in this thread, I think it's clear that you have issues that need to be worked out. So I'll leave that to your priest. Therefore, please allow eric to answer my question.

    Thanks. And good luck.
    You sure you'd not like to try and give me the benefit of your condescention for a bit longer?

    Like I say I dont know what your original question or point is, if I seem defensive its because you referenced the inquistion and crusades when it wasnt called for.

    Its a response you can expect if you attack my faith without cause. Cheers.

  10. #70
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    These subjects can be a bit dicey...(and ones I prefer to avoid). Logic often gets lost in the collision. Lets try and both feel and see things for the various sides of the equation so nobody gets hurt. Both Israel...as well as Ireland are still reeling from history involving religious/ethnic/racial conflicts.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 81
    Last Post: 04-20-2016, 08:44 PM
  2. What is your race/ethnicity?
    By Athenian200 in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 12:24 AM
  3. [NF] How idyllic is your life, How idyllic is your spirit?
    By Alienclock in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 05-10-2013, 05:55 PM
  4. What religion is your bra?
    By Sahara in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-31-2007, 06:33 AM
  5. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-20-2007, 03:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO