First 123

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I already responded here a year ago, but the pagan view of winter is a time of sickness, death and introspection, so it's fairly obvious to me why ghost stories are more than obvious to the general population. The Christian Jesus story is all mixed up in the renewel and rebirth of pagan gods, because of the death and darkness of winter (it's highly unlikely scripturally that Jesus was born on December 25, though it's fine and good to observe it then, as much as any other time) ....Two of my favorite movies are Black Christmas, which I never watch at Christmas, and I recently saw a new version of a Christmas Carol, a good modern morality play, despite it being 100+ years old.

Damn you, auto correct.

There was this amazing ghost story I read a long long time ago called The Corner Shop by Cynthia Asquith about a man who finds an antique shop and an old caretaker, anxious to sell him something ... I don't remember if it was actually set around Christmas time? I don't think it was. But it had that Christmas atmosphere about it, somehow. I loved it.

MBTI
    jedi
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    There was this amazing ghost story I read a long long time ago called The Corner Shop by Cynthia Asquith about a man who finds an antique shop and an old caretaker, anxious to sell him something ... I don't remember if it was actually set around Christmas time? I don't think it was. But it had that Christmas atmosphere about it, somehow. I loved it.
    Needful Things, that reminds me of. Good tale.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyata View Post
    Needful Things, that reminds me of. Good tale.
    Haven't heard of this, looked at the wikipedia article and it is superficially similar, haha.

Mine is a sweet if uncanny story of resolution and peace, though ... I'm not sure if Needful Things qualifies as such ...

I'll put it on my to read list for 2015. I've actually managed to go 28 years without reading anything by Stephen King.