• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Eugenics?

InsatiableCuriosity

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The point is that when everyone is made smart by means of eugenics, no one will want to perform menial tasks, like being the garbage man, working at McD's, cleaning the house,picking stawberries; thus eugenics implies the necessity of a caste system, and that implies social inequality, because someone will need to do menial things.

I think we err here. There are some people for whom these are enjoyable jobs. I was at school with a guy who topped the TEE and gained entry into Medicine at University and chose not to take up the place.

He became a gardener for the local shire instead and was happiest mowing the lawn verges in that shire.

Just because these are tasks we might abhor, doesn't mean there aren't others who might enjoy them and this doesn't depend necessarily on intellect!

Lark

I think we err here. There are some people for whom these are enjoyable jobs. I was at school with a guy who topped the TEE and gained entry into Medicine at University and chose not to take up the place.

He became a gardener for the local shire instead and was happiest mowing the lawn verges in that shire.

Just because these are tasks we might abhor, doesn't mean there aren't others who might enjoy them and this doesn't depend necessarily on intellect!

Yeah, I agree with that, meritocracy could be impossible where everyone smarter but people will actively choose one sort of work rather than another, even without that I think the question of who cleans could be resolved by greater job rotation and workers participation within a firm, provided it where balanced I dont believe people would object to menial work.