• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Darkness.

G

Ginkgo

I have been to the edge of my own existence. There was nothing. Darkness. Have you seen the Darkness? You haven't, because the Darkness is not seeing. It is not.

You are in the Light. You can see it. It may be dim. It may flicker. But do something while you can still see. While you still are. You have been given this opportunity to wade through Darkness.

If you follow the Light, you will find it, it will find you, and you may dwell in the radiance. If you do not, then the Darkness will devour you, and you will be no more. Nothing more. Blank.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The death of life is darkness.

The death of love is darkness.

The death of reason is darkness.

The death of meaning is darkness.

The death of hope is darkness.

I have seen the darkness, I have felt its nothingness.

I accept its existence, but am I wrong to prefer its antithesis?

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
Enjoy the light; enjoy it's absence.

Don't create a false dichotomy.

Qre:us

There was nothing. Darkness.

Is darkness nothing?

Or does it hide everything so you see nothing?

Have you seen the Darkness? You haven't, because the Darkness is not seeing. It is not.

Sometimes, it's less about the sense of sight, and more about the sense of touch, the feel, the weight....of darkness, that reveals its tantamount content.

Why are you afraid of the dark?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Darkness doesn't exist. There is only light and lack of light.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I didn't create the dichotomy.
Wrong. In accepting it, you create it. Again and again.

Take yer pick. :)

Seasons greetings.

[YOUTUBE="DBaKWLoFYmQ"]Ended up in Nepal[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="qkwD261MHsc"]Hey Sugar[/YOUTUBE]

:)

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Darkness doesn't exist. There is only light and lack of light.

I find the possibility of physical darkness tempting but what if the concept of darkness does exist in the mind?

Creating darkness and there you have it.

Something parallel to that would be the eight colour of magic. (terry pratchett, discworld) I have thought about it heavily and finally, after much vivid imagination exploration: I find myself gazing upon a colour I have yet to see in this world.

It's nothing but a concept, still very vivid and real to me.
Both darkness and colour X.

If you try enough times, you can bring a dark bulb of darkness into your mind; just switch the machine on.

Sorry if there's no real validity in this answer. Just a view.