User Tag List

First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Christ may not have (he may have, though, I just don't have time to research it right now) but Paul said
    "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth." (Romans 10:4)

Here's what appears to be a pretty good article on the subject.
    Jesus and the Law of Moses

Quote Originally Posted by wren View Post
    but with that said, i believe i am strong enough to take whatever god dishes out to me in the afterlife.
    After a few billion years of constantly getting burned, slaughtered, torn apart and drowned in horseshit, I'm sure you'll think otherwise.

MUHHAHAHA, I like Christianity. Spread the word of love and forgiveness, else Lucifer is gonna have buttsex with you for all eternity

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

There are Christians who believe that your salvation is eternal no matter what you do, as long as you describe yourself as a follower of Christ.

No buttsex with Lucifer (sorry to disappoint you...)

Even if you mess up, commit sins, do wrong, etc.

Nothing can separate you from the love of God -- not sin, not death.

Lots of Christians believe that and have excellent and thorough arguments to explain their point of view.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Still deciding whether or not I believe in the divinity of Christ myself.

That being said, everything else is mostly spot on.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    There are Christians who believe that your salvation is eternal no matter what you do, as long as you describe yourself as a follower of Christ.

Even if you mess up, commit sins, do wrong, etc.

Nothing can separate you from the love of God -- not sin, not death.

Lots of Christians believe that and have excellent and thorough arguments to explain their point of view.
    That view does seem to be backed up by some scripture. But it seems to be contradicted a lot, even in the NT. There are so many parts where God or Jesus tells followers that they can go to Hell if they do this or that or the other thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    You always have to take the fun parts out of the whole thing, eh?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Just call me buzz stomper, I know...

And aj, what can I say? Those parts are wrong.

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    If so, should we embrace the view that anything is possible? That is, should we believe that some day we will see water boil in antarctica, that 2 and 2 will make six and that falling objects will move up as opposed to down?
    Well, I guess yes,...

With association to the above, and in respect to the hierarchal nature of reality(and there being more dimensions than these[and respecting that God is outside of this]): Can you have a triangle with vortices(sp?) that add up to 181 degrees or even 179 degrees?
    The answer is yes(yes it's just an associative complex, but I believe it's valid).

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    In one sentece, my question to you could be summarized as follows. Once we start believing that miracles are possible, how often can we expect for them to happen and under what circumstances, also what kind of miracles are going to be likely to happen?
    We are to believe they possible, but it's not that we should be seeking after them or expecting them.

1Cr 1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
    1Cr 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
    link back

I assume they will come if and when He wills it, but in no way is it a matter of expectation.
    Everyone is a case study.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

The straight answer, real answer, whatever you choose to call it is that I didnt feel the citations meant anything.

Perhaps if I was a literalist, which I'd argued against for most of the thread, I'd care.

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    That view does seem to be backed up by some scripture. But it seems to be contradicted a lot, even in the NT. There are so many parts where God or Jesus tells followers that they can go to Hell if they do this or that or the other thing.
    Well, they are supposed to be changed and reborn, their actions as well, as after such, real belief, real faith, is a completely changed life.
    He gives many warnings for what's not cool, but doesn't say you're going to hell if you do this,... simply it's explained why such and such should not be palatable to the follower of Christ(and that particular topics of participation are a matter of 'being in danger of hellfire'). Being angry, not loving, treating people as lesser, etc... not cool.

link back 'hell' search - NT(1) link back 'hell' search - NT(2)

Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
    Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
    Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
    Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
    link back
    Everyone is a case study.