• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and Islam

R

Riva

Islam, definitely is one of the most misinterpreted religions in the world.
Don't believe me?
Watch news............ Boooooooooooooooom!

"There goes another"​

Anyway, have you ever noticed how MBTI has and is been interpreted?
Misinterpreted here and there don't you think?

It's not that the theory is incorrect. It's the interpretations.

"Am I a INTJ, am I a ISFJ?"​

Are common questions we all ask. "But how could I be a INTJ if I have obvious Ne?. I must be a INTP then"

An INFJ would never do that.
An ISTP would never hug me.
An ESFJ would never understand.

:whistling:

You see what is happening?

R

Riva

Err... what are you implying?
Islam is sometimes misinterpreted, and MBTI is sometimes misinterpreted. So, your point is?

They are both misinterpreted.
But the theor/ies are there to be understood if could.

R

Riva

But if you meant to ask -
How do you think Islam fits MBTI?

Islam has a pretty black and white perspective on everything does it not? And MBTI is also been interpreted in a similar (not exactly black and white tho) manner.

corey_vann

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8sx
I see, I mistyped. I still don't understand what you're trying to accomplish, though. Are you trying to establish the ways both Islam and MBTII are misinterpreted/understood and whether there are correlations or not?

R

Riva

Oh no I am not trying to say that there is a correlation. :)
The misinterpretation part :yes:

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I think curzon was just making a random correlation from the fact that Islam is misinterpreted as well as MBTI and that oversimplifications and false stereotypes are assumed within both categories. You are a Muslim, so you must believe x, y, z. You are an XXXX, so you must believe/do x, y, z.

Jaguar

Don't believe me?

"There goes another"​

Are common questions we all ask. "But how could I be a INTJ if I have obvious Ne?. I must be a INTP then"

You once posted something like, "I think Jaguar is an asshole but I have to agree with him in this case."

So, I will respond in kind by saying the same to you.
I think you are an asshole, but I have to agree with you in this case. :D

Mole

Permabanned
Islam is a political religion that teaches muslims, dhimmi, infidels and women are not equal under Sharia law.

And Islam teaches that Islam and the State are one and the same. So there is no separation of mosque and State.

And Islam teaches that it is to be spread by jihad, martyrdom and deception.

So it is difficult to compare MBTI and Islam. Except to say that the father of MBTI was Carl Jung who freely and enthusiastically supported the wrong side in WW II. Just as Islam also supported the wrong side in WW II.

And today Islam still uses in public media in Islamic countries the anti-semitic propaganda it learnt in WW II.

So what do Islam and MBTI have in common?

Well, both MBTI and Islam are anti the Enlightenment. Both Islamic and MBTI thinking pre-date the Enlightenment. In other words both MBTI and Islam are intuitive rather than literate and counter-intuitive.

And being intuitive is half the appeal of both MBTI and Islam.

And neither MBTI nor Islam is open to rational discussion anymore than is astrology.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Islam is a political religion that teaches muslims, dhimmi, infidels and women are not equal under Sharia law.

And Islam teaches that Islam and the State are one and the same. So there is no separation of mosque and State.

And Islam teaches that it is to be spread by jihad, martyrdom and deception.

So it is difficult to compare MBTI and Islam. Except to say that the father of MBTI was Carl Jung who freely and enthusiastically supported the wrong side in WW II. Just as Islam also supported the wrong side in WW II.

And today Islam still uses in public media in Islamic countries the anti-semitic propaganda it learnt in WW II.

So what do Islam and MBTI have in common?

Well, both MBTI and Islam are anti the Enlightenment. Both Islamic and MBTI thinking pre-date the Enlightenment. In other words both MBTI and Islam are intuitive rather than literate and counter-intuitive.

And being intuitive is half the appeal of both MBTI and Islam.

And neither MBTI nor Islam is open to rational discussion anymore than is astrology.
Well you've obviously never been to the middle east before. I believe Curzon is right. And you are one of those who misinterpret it. I have had many muslim friends, had lived in the middle east for a section of my life and had studied a great deal of religion. In conclusion, I have to say, what you're saying is quite ignorant.

Religions are interpreted generally by the people who claim to practice them. I have no problem with people practicing their own religion. I do have a problem with people confusing other people with a religion. Get your facts straight.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't believe me?

"There goes another"​

There's definitely more of a tendency than to do this with Muslims than to do it with Christians. I loathe much of what's in Muslim holy texts, just as I loathe much of what's in the Bible (by the way, the Bible too commands the stoning of homosexuals and many other kinds of people, but because they're in the ingroup and therefore not viewed as homogenous, no one assumes that all Christians and Jews therefore must think stoning people is good), but I know that as the majority of Western Christians don't seem to know or care about most of what the Bible actually says, there's no rational reason to assume most Western Muslims know or believe literally what's in the Koran and Hadiths.

All four Muslims I've been friends with LIKE how liberal Europe is, that people can dress how they want and practice whichever religion they want, and had no time for the idea of forcing religion down people's throats via violence or even preaching as they didn't believe that you could go to Hell for not choosing the right religion. That's more of a live-and-let-live attitude than a lot of Western Christians have.

Last edited:

Mole

Permabanned
what you're saying is quite ignorant.

It would be hard for me to plead ignorance for I helped found and fund the Muslim Society of the Australian National University. And I have helped in the building of a new mosque in Canberra.

Also as an officer of the Commonwealth I have taken part in building good relations with the largest muslim country in the world.

Of course I could plead ignorance but I doubt if anyone would believe me.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It would be hard for me to plead ignorance for I helped found and fund the Muslim Society of the Australian National University. And I have helped in the building of a new mosque in Canberra.

Also as an officer of the Commonwealth I have taken part in building good relations with the largest muslim country in the world.

Of course I could plead ignorance but I doubt if anyone would believe me.
I've learnt something special about you Victor... about your mind.
edit: Please don't take this as a compliment. It's not

wank

MBTI Type
free
Enneagram
nope
if there was just more quotes of Muslim scripture, this could sound much less like egos butting heads.
Yay unwarranted attacks on character.