User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: MBTI and Islam

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Islam, definitely is one of the most misinterpreted religions in the world.
    Don't believe me?
    Watch news............ Boooooooooooooooom!

"There goes another"

Anyway, have you ever noticed how MBTI has and is been interpreted?
    Misinterpreted here and there don't you think?

It's not that the theory is incorrect. It's the interpretations.

"Am I a INTJ, am I a ISFJ?"

Are common questions we all ask. "But how could I be a INTJ if I have obvious Ne?. I must be a INTP then"

An INFJ would never do that.
    An ISTP would never hug me.
    An ESFJ would never understand.

You see what is happening?
    You once posted something like, "I think Jaguar is an asshole but I have to agree with him in this case."

So, I will respond in kind by saying the same to you.
    I think you are an asshole, but I have to agree with you in this case.

Islam is a political religion that teaches muslims, dhimmi, infidels and women are not equal under Sharia law.

And Islam teaches that Islam and the State are one and the same. So there is no separation of mosque and State.

And Islam teaches that it is to be spread by jihad, martyrdom and deception.

So it is difficult to compare MBTI and Islam. Except to say that the father of MBTI was Carl Jung who freely and enthusiastically supported the wrong side in WW II. Just as Islam also supported the wrong side in WW II.

And today Islam still uses in public media in Islamic countries the anti-semitic propaganda it learnt in WW II.

So what do Islam and MBTI have in common?

Well, both MBTI and Islam are anti the Enlightenment. Both Islamic and MBTI thinking pre-date the Enlightenment. In other words both MBTI and Islam are intuitive rather than literate and counter-intuitive.

And being intuitive is half the appeal of both MBTI and Islam.

And neither MBTI nor Islam is open to rational discussion anymore than is astrology.

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    So it is difficult to compare MBTI and Islam. Except to say that the father of MBTI was Carl Jung who freely and enthusiastically supported the wrong side in WW II. Just as Islam also supported the wrong side in WW II.
    Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Islam is a political religion that teaches muslims, dhimmi, infidels and women are not equal under Sharia law.

And Islam teaches that Islam and the State are one and the same. So there is no separation of mosque and State.

And Islam teaches that it is to be spread by jihad, martyrdom and deception.

And today Islam still uses in public media in Islamic countries the anti-semitic propaganda it learnt in WW II.

So what do Islam and MBTI have in common?

Well, both MBTI and Islam are anti the Enlightenment. Both Islamic and MBTI thinking pre-date the Enlightenment. In other words both MBTI and Islam are intuitive rather than literate and counter-intuitive.

And being intuitive is half the appeal of both MBTI and Islam.

And neither MBTI nor Islam is open to rational discussion anymore than is astrology.
    Well you've obviously never been to the middle east before. I believe Curzon is right. And you are one of those who misinterpret it. I have had many muslim friends, had lived in the middle east for a section of my life and had studied a great deal of religion. In conclusion, I have to say, what you're saying is quite ignorant.

Religions are interpreted generally by the people who claim to practice them. I have no problem with people practicing their own religion. I do have a problem with people confusing other people with a religion. Get your facts straight.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Islam, definitely is one of the most misinterpreted religions in the world.
    Don't believe me?
    Watch news............ Boooooooooooooooom!

"There goes another"

Anyway, have you ever noticed how MBTI has and is been interpreted?
    Misinterpreted here and there don't you think?

It's not that the theory is incorrect. It's the interpretations.

"Am I a INTJ, am I a ISFJ?"

Are common questions we all ask. "But how could I be a INTJ if I have obvious Ne?. I must be a INTP then"

An INFJ would never do that.
    An ISTP would never hug me.
    An ESFJ would never understand.

You see what is happening?
    There's definitely more of a tendency than to do this with Muslims than to do it with Christians. I loathe much of what's in Muslim holy texts, just as I loathe much of what's in the Bible (by the way, the Bible too commands the stoning of homosexuals and many other kinds of people, but because they're in the ingroup and therefore not viewed as homogenous, no one assumes that all Christians and Jews therefore must think stoning people is good), but I know that as the majority of Western Christians don't seem to know or care about most of what the Bible actually says, there's no rational reason to assume most Western Muslims know or believe literally what's in the Koran and Hadiths.

All four Muslims I've been friends with LIKE how liberal Europe is, that people can dress how they want and practice whichever religion they want, and had no time for the idea of forcing religion down people's throats via violence or even preaching as they didn't believe that you could go to Hell for not choosing the right religion. That's more of a live-and-let-live attitude than a lot of Western Christians have.
    Last edited by compulsiverambler; 12-04-2009 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Uh, the stupid grin at the top was a typo :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    what you're saying is quite ignorant.
    It would be hard for me to plead ignorance for I helped found and fund the Muslim Society of the Australian National University. And I have helped in the building of a new mosque in Canberra.

Also as an officer of the Commonwealth I have taken part in building good relations with the largest muslim country in the world.

Of course I could plead ignorance but I doubt if anyone would believe me.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8sx
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Well it's obvious that (insert Nazi comparison to here).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

It would be hard for me to plead ignorance for I helped found and fund the Muslim Society of the Australian National University. And I have helped in the building of a new mosque in Canberra.

Also as an officer of the Commonwealth I have taken part in building good relations with the largest muslim country in the world.

I've learnt something special about you Victor... about your mind.
    edit: Please don't take this as a compliment. It's not

I would.

MBTI
    free
    Enneagram
    nope

if there was just more quotes of Muslim scripture, this could sound much less like egos butting heads.
    Yay unwarranted attacks on character.
    Everyone is a case study.