• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Battling with existentialism

MyIsland

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
5w4
Ok normally I don't provide input on existential topics, primarily because of the information already provided. You appear rather lost in the issues and I think that is probably because you really care, which is good. If you are willing, pick up "Measuring the Immeasurable" by Daniel Goleman, Gary Small, Gregg Braden, and Bruce Lipton. This book helped fill my void between faith and science.

Drezoryx

MBTI Type
ENTp
try searching books by yogi ramacharaka on scribd.com i highly recommend 14 lessons in yogi philosophy followed by advanced lessons. those date to 1904. very helpful for me personally.

S

Sniffles

Recently I've been trying to read up on the philosophical writings of Josiah Royce, who had some influence on the development of Existentialism.

Son of the Damned

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
The purpose of your life is make your own purpose.
Do not be concerned with the words of thinkers past, for while they have wisdom, they cannot answer your question. Only you can.

And the only way you can do that is get out into the world, and experience things. Whatever those happen to be. When you find something( or someone) interesting, reflect on it. How does it make you feel? What does it mean to you?

There is nothing like direct experience.