User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Don't give up Forzen for there is still supernatural selection.

I know it's not popular to talk about supernatural selection, but there is a little angel in all of us.

And I can see the angel in you, Forzen, peeping through the sludge and boredom of natural selection into the sunny uplands of the supernatural.

And just think Forzen, it won't be some dame that selects you but your very own angel.
    Lol read my arguement before that post.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Is it possible to balance Existentialism with Spirituality? Aren't they the same thing, conceptually? Or can they be the same thing conceptually?

I've struggled with knowing whether or not my personal philosophies encompass a smidge of Existentialism...I'd like to think so.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

existentialism is the branch of philosophy that attempts to answer the basic questions of existence. It's possible to arrive at some form of spirituality, as many philosophers have.

Edit: sort of
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

Sniffles

Depends on which branch of Existentialism you're talking about. Atheistic Existentialism obviously doesn't much spirituality. Theistic Existentialism OTOH does.

screw, mang...it's all metaphysics anyway.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

there may be something to the thought that we are a food for the cosmos. doesnt make me feel that important on the contrary i feel like a cog in the wheel plus i want to taste very bad. but otoh i do feel more important than when im by myself and sad that i can't find my purpose.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Existentialism, uh, Marcel and copy cat Satre. It's that French snake oil a bunch of intellectuals co-opt'd to justify their opportunity to breathe and eat.

I think in more modern times it's been used to bore and depress college students.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    screw, mang...it's all metaphysics anyway.
    Metaphysics, even by definition, kind of encompasses Spirituality and Existentialism. That is why Metaphysics the Truth.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Sniffles

I'm suprised somebody else here knows about Gabriel Marcel.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I'm suprised somebody else here knows about Gabriel Marcel.
    That's the female dog of being an ISTP...if it's a system whether human, mechanical or technical...

Typically skim over the details until all of the pieces of the puzzle fit together.

Beyond the general concepts, and players I don't know jack nor squat about it.