User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

Thread: Horoscopes

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I did know what a sun, moon and ascendant is but what it means no clue

Astrological Data used for Short Report - Personal Portraitfor Peter Pan (male)
    born on 30 July 1983 local time 11:20 am
    in Hattingen, GER U.T. 09:20
    7e10, 51n23 sid. time 06:18:28

PLANETARY POSITIONSplanet sign degree
    Sun Leo 639'24 in house 10
    Moon Aries 604'15 in house 7
    Mercury Leo 2643'43 in house 11
    Venus Virgo 907'48 end of house 11
    Mars Cancer 2040'49 in house 10
    Jupiter Sagittarius 104'16 in house 3
    Saturn Libra 2824'05 in house 2
    Uranus Sagittarius 509'50 in house 3
    Neptune Sagittarius 2652'07 in house 3
    Pluto Libra 2651'33 end of house 1
    True Node Gemini 2408'56 in house 9
    Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

HOUSE POSITIONS (Placidus)
    Ascendant Libra 315'37
    2nd House Libra 2733'08
    3rd House Scorpio 2759'20
    Imum Coeli Capricorn 414'09
    5th House Aquarius 1002'09
    6th House Pisces 944'50
    Descendant Aries 315'37
    8th House Aries 2733'08
    9th House Taurus 2759'20
    Medium Coeli Cancer 414'09
    11th House Leo 1002'09
    12th House Virgo 944'50
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Astrology is made up of 10 planets, Sun is just one, hence you and your sister share Aqua as your Sun sign, but may be totally different for the other 9 planets.
    Can you make this clear, please?

Is our character influenced by the real, material, planets? The ones made out of stone and gas and revolving around the sun?
    Is it influenced by how our earth revolves around the sun?
    If then, why are you not incorporating the real, material, properties of those planets? First there is the sun, much bigger than the rest, so big actually everything else revolves around it. And so big it's making light with nuclear fusion, while no other 'planet' does that. The sun should have a bigger effect than anything else.
    If you count ten, does that include Pluto as well? Why not all the other debris that's as big as Pluto?

Or is astrology a method to describe characters that has nothing to do with the real material planets? Is everything symbolic?
    If then, why are you basing your conclusion on a real birth date which is determined by the place of our earth at the moment of birth?

Something does not fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    Again that is one sign when you have 10 planets, if you like lots of travel you probably have some planets in your 9th house or in Saggie.

As for Efficiency, NT's are big on efficiency you may not recognise it in yourself as that, but it is bound to be there, do you try and find the fast rout to do xyz in order that you can do other things etc? I'd be surprised if you lack this.
    You're forgetting the procrastinating P here. Efficiency is getting things done. NTP is finding out all sorts of crazy theories that *could* make things more efficient, but meanwhile needs to catch up with the work because those crazy ideas don't help anything (yet).
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Oh, what the hell:

Planetary positions
    Sun Cancer 1750'33 in house 7 direct
    Moon Sagittarius 2724'56 in house 12 direct
    Mercury Cancer 1106'08 in house 7 direct
    Venus Cancer 2350'30 in house 7 direct
    Mars Virgo 148'48 in house 8 direct
    Jupiter Taurus 2347'59 in house 5 direct
    Saturn Leo 402'39 in house 7 direct
    Uranus Scorpio 302'05 in house 10 stationary (D)
    Neptune Sagittarius 1140'55 end of house 11 retrograde
    Pluto Libra 903'01 in house 9 direct
    True Node Scorpio 1018'12 in house 10 retrograde
    Planets at the end of a house are interpreted in the next house.

House positions (Placidus)
    Ascendant Capricorn 307'16
    2nd House Aquarius 1237'21
    3rd House Pisces 2407'03
    Imum Coeli Aries 2713'39
    5th House Taurus 2210'05
    6th House Gemini 1253'44
    Descendant Cancer 307'16
    8th House Leo 1237'21
    9th House Virgo 2407'03
    Medium Coeli Libra 2713'39
    11th House Scorpio 2210'05
    12th House Sagittarius 1253'44

Major aspects

Sun Conjunction Mercury 644
    Sun Conjunction Venus 600
    Sun Sextile Jupiter 557
    Moon Trine Mars 424
    Moon Sextile Uranus 537
    Moon Conjunction Ascendant 542
    Mercury Quincunx Neptune 035
    Mercury Square Pluto 203
    Venus Sextile Jupiter 003
    Mars Sextile Uranus 113
    Mars Trine Ascendant 118
    Saturn Square Uranus 101
    Saturn Sextile Pluto 500
    Saturn Quincunx Ascendant 055
    Uranus Sextile Ascendant 005
    Neptune Sextile Pluto 238
    Pluto Square Ascendant 556
    Numbers indicate orb (deviation from the exact aspect angle).

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Tamske View Post
    Can you make this clear, please?

Is our character influenced by the real, material, planets? The ones made out of stone and gas and revolving around the sun?
    Is it influenced by how our earth revolves around the sun?
    If then, why are you not incorporating the real, material, properties of those planets? First there is the sun, much bigger than the rest, so big actually everything else revolves around it. And so big it's making light with nuclear fusion, while no other 'planet' does that. The sun should have a bigger effect than anything else.
    If you count ten, does that include Pluto as well? Why not all the other debris that's as big as Pluto?

Or is astrology a method to describe characters that has nothing to do with the real material planets? Is everything symbolic?
    If then, why are you basing your conclusion on a real birth date which is determined by the place of our earth at the moment of birth?

Something does not fit here.
    I think that the way it goes is that the information about date, time and place provides a "snapshot" of the way the sky looked at the moment you were born. And if you think of yourself with an orbit around you, the dawn of your horizon is your ascendant (rising) sign. And the circle is segmented into 12 "houses" or areas of concern.

And then the snapshot places those planets into your specific houses. Which is why I have the sun, mercury and venus in my 7th house - because they were all grouped together in degrees close enough to fit in one area of concern.

Because the exact time of my birth signifies that my Ascendant is Capricorn, I start counting my houses from there. So people always say that the houses go Aries (1), Taurus (2), Gemini (3), Cancer (4)... But for me *personally*, it goes Capricorn (1), Aquarius (2), Pisces (3), Aries (4)... And that means that my 7th house is Cancer. So, I have the sun, mercury and venus in Cancer, my 7th house.

So, I understand the logic of why they need the exact place and time of your birth.

Now as to why planets are said to affect you? Well, I don't have the answer for that. I suppose that most of it is collected from empirical data that has been observed since the dawn of time. All ancient, and most current, civilizations looked to the stars and documented what they saw. I guess a lot of people always refer to the moon when trying to explain effect. The moon has an obvious, well documented control of the tide. The moon has a distinct effect on the water of this planet. Why? Who knows. But we can extend this further to provide the basis of a hypothesis on why the moon would have an effect on humans, who are comprised of mostly water. We can further extend that hypothesis and ask what other celestial bodies have effects upon the earth or its inhabitants. This is what I believe is the rationale that most real astrologers would give you, if they were to deduce it.

You asked about why we don't use the characteristics of the actual planets? Well, I think they do. The sun is the largest and most vibrant. And almost every single person, Victor included, knows their sun sign. It is who you "are", so to speak. Mercury is quick moving, which is why is why the fast talking god was named mercury. Mercury, in astrology, has to do with communications and quick thinking. Mars has to do with aggression, Venus with love and beauty. You can see how the characteristics of each planet is assigned to a corresponding characteristic of personality. And a god was created and a myth was formed to give it backstory, but these bodies existed before the myths.

Why are the planets associate with mythology? I guess because they saw that certain aspects denoted particular character traits and they then associated those celestial bodies with characteristics of their own gods, much like voodoo spirits have a corresponding catholic saint, or how almost every religion has their own similar messiah with a different name. People take the things they observe and call it by the names which are familiar to them. So that's why people associate astrology with Greek gods or mythology. But the astrology itself has nothing to do with Greek gods.

As far as debris and Pluto, I think people can and try to make sense of all the garbage floating in the sky but as you know, that is damn near impossible. So they focus on the bodies that can be seen, and have an obvious orbit that can be measured over time. I can say, without a doubt, that everything in this solar system (at least) is symbiotic. From the planets orbits, right down to photosynthesis. The question I have is why people feel humankind is exempt from that.

Astrology interests me and I study the reasons why people study astrology. As to whether I believe it? Well, I am agnostic about almost everything in life.
    Last edited by jenocyde; 12-02-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: edited formatting to make it more concise.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

aries sun, libra rising sign, sagittarius moon, aries mercury, taurus venus, cancer mars, leo jupiter, aquarius saturn, capricorn uranus & neptune, scorpio pluto

Sun: Aries
    Moon: Cancer
    Mercury: Pisces
    Venus: Taurus
    Mars: Capricorn
    Jupiter: Pisces
    Saturn: Sagittarius
    Neptune: Capricorn
    Pluto: Scorpio

Ascendant: Scorpio

Born on April 16th

Scorpio and Aries represent me the best.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Sun Libra 9.03
    Moon Leo 1.54
    Mercury Libra 8.20
    Venus Leo 27.21
    Mars Libra 20.36
    Jupiter Virgo 4.13
    Saturnus Aquarius 0.12 R
    Uranus Capricorn 9.54
    Neptunus Capricorn 14.00
    Pluto Scorpio 18.46
    Ascendant Taurus 13.28
    II Gemini 11.59
    III Cancer 0.53
    IV Cancer 18.30
    V Leo 9.42
    VI Virgo 13.09
    VII Scorpio 13.28
    VIII Sagittarius 11.59
    IX Capricorn 0.53
    X Capricorn 18.30
    XI Aquarius 9.42
    XII Pisces 13.09
    Sun in VI
    Moon in IV
    Mercury in VI
    Venus in V
    Mars in VI
    Jupiter in V
    Saturnus in X
    Uranus in IX
    Neptunus in IX
    Pluto in VII
    Sun CJN Mercury 0.43 334
    Sun VIE Uranus 0.51 -56
    Sun VIE Neptunus 4.57 -10
    Moon OPP Saturnus 1.43 -316
    Mercury VIE Uranus 1.35 -81
    Mercury VIE Neptunus 5.41 -5
    Venus CJN Jupiter 6.52 105
    Mars VIE X 2.06 -27
    Jupiter DRI Uranus 5.41 16
    Uranus CJN Neptunus 4.06 118
    Uranus DRI Ascendant 3.34 17
    Uranus CJN X 8.35 17
    Neptunus DRI Ascendant 0.32 19
    Neptunus CJN X 4.29 44
    Pluto OPP Ascendant 5.17 -12
    Pluto SXT X 0.16 28
    698 -507 191
    Chiron Leo 8.45
    Ceres Scorpio 21.34
    Pallas Libra 27.28
    Juno Capricorn 19.04
    Vesta Leo 26.21
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENTP

tam and Entropie...

Jeno has doen a great job on some of the concept stuff...

Astrology is made of of 5 basic units - coupled with a theatre analogy

Planets = Actors
    Houses = acts
    Aspects = dialogue
    Signs = costume

Planets Jen covered the bare bone basics, no one had any evidence on HOW they work, my personal theory is around bodily composition... we know the moon affects tides and to an extent humans... because we are mainly water, Venus - has an impact on copper (I think), Mars on Iron, Mercury... etc... I think the planetary motions around us have some impact on tiny traces within out body and create a dynamic... This is me giving an educated guess:

OK planets are the motor, the power house... they are your pots of talents - your born gifts (and handicaps).

If a person is born with a big nose of sticky out ears, until recently they live with them for life, they live with peoples reactions etc etc. Ie they are a bind for that person, planets are similar, you can work with those qualities, balance them out etc or wallow in them...

Short men are a really good analogy... some short men don't care, they get on with their lives, it doens't bother them and have a good life, other men wallow in their shortnes, start conversations about it etc... Either make the most or not.... Planets will sever you blessings and challenges, you can choose to use them optimistically or pesimitically.

Ok back to the planets..... 10 of them in moder astrology:
    Very quick flick through them

Sun = the integration fo your personality.... the more you know the harder it is to figure out what the sun does... batically it's the melting pot/glue that holds your personality together. Planets making aspect to it, the house it is in and finaly the sign is resides in all have an interplay (as with all the palnets).

Moon = emotional self, relationships with women (esp mother and mother, sisters are more venus but can be moon at times), nurting and things that give you emotional security. Again.... Planets making aspect to it, the house it is in and finaly the sign is resides in all have an interplay (as with all the palnets).

Mercury - front of mind thinking (consious mind), speaking and communication skills. How you chat and process information, how you engage with people. then the standard bit.....

Venus = romantic love, adornment, ways you seduce, femininity, indulgence, money, how you spend money, to an extent values, beauty and your idea of what beautiy is, aestetic, rich food and textures, sisters

Mars = agression, sex drive, life drive, oomph, ways you loose your temper, iron, masculinity - brothers, and men in your life.

Jupiter - expansion, good fortune, stuff you are good at. Personal integrety, how you think big, religion, phylosophy etc

Saturn - disciplinarian, timekeepr, work horse, contrainer, area of difficulty, your father

Above are all the traditional planets, below are the modern ones.

Uranus = a higher octave of Mercury, rebellious, distrcted, unpredictability, querkiness, strangeness, technology, divorce, weirdnesses..... I'd say this is the planet of the ENTP... it's very creative, has a short attention spen, flits through ideas etc.....

Neptune = is the planet of the intangible, gases, water, ideas, illusions, film, lies, artist, saviour or victim, illistrations, ideas

Pluto = power and to an extent control for survivial, drive, the don't screw with me part of you.

some of the above are not really descriptors for people more for the planet.

The houses are really important.....

The begining of the house, the cusp, is really improtant about areas of your life... the 4th hosue is home (and also your non dominant parent - normally father), it's ruler - the ruler of the 4th house cusp is important to understanding your home....

Ok this is getting a bit deep I have a chart I need to read and then I will come back and give you quickie readings.... if you want them

MBTI
    yupp

my friend whose been into astrology for years did my chart
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENTP

entropie

Ok very quick, you have a nice chart, very easy in a fair few ways... ENTP stuff in there... Uranus opposit Chiron and moon Chiron both of which seem to have something to do with ENTPness

Sun in Leo = proud, lion, showy , likes attention etc... usually stuff you read in the papers etc....

Your sun is part of something called a grand trine... equliatreral trinangle, this is really fortuitous it means you ahve real harmoney between the sun (persoanlity), moon (emotional self) and Uranus (eccentricity)... they work nicely, so you are likely to be pleasantly bonkers...

Moon is in Aries, not nessesarily a good placement for the moon... aries is fiesty and it may make you feisty emotionally or be very attracted to feisty women (which I'm sure you said you weren't), Arise can be fiesty but it's short lived... so don't stay cross for long. the nice aspect to the sun is likely to tempor that.

Venus the planet of love is suare to Uranus, so this may cause a certain difficulty with relationships.... Uranus needs freedom or eccentricity etc... hence relationship and eprsonal fredom are a difficult combination to get write, you may choose an alternative relationship format than the traditional one.

Saturn and Pluto are together, power and dicipline, I suspect when you apply yourself you can really can work very hard to acheive what you want, this aspects Mercury the planet of communication, I'd say you are likely to be very good in a detailed way when you choose to apply yourself.

Your Mars is in Cancer - mars is agression, and cancer is a nurting sign, so not natrual fits. Mars in cancer often end up with women with kids (like a ready made family) or beign very nurturing, marrying young or having kids quite young, or being areal home maker etc.

Now I mentioned before that the moon was in Aries and mars is in Cancer... these two things may balance themselves out... as there is a compelx inter relationship.

There is one major stressor in your chart, which I can PM you about if you are interested in it....

Otherwise keep in mind that this is a short reading and just a quick flick over your chart

.................................................. ..........

Everyone else, Susan's horoscopes are up...
    xx