half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The odd thing is that just as we are about to put the Kepler telescope into space, we are interested in astrology which was invented when we thought the Sun went round the Earth, when we had no idea we were part of the galaxy called the Milky Way, and no idea that the space between the galaxies is expanding at an accelerating rate.

Astrology was invented when we were completely ignorant of our place among the stars.

And further we know today that astrology is a well worked confidence trick.

So how can we believe in astrology and astronomy? Surely the cognitive dissonance is too painful.

Astrology can only be believed by doing damage to our intellectual integrity, by denying part of what we know. Surely this is pathological.

Unless of course astrology is being deliberately used to harm others.
    Victor, my darling!

Astrology aside, are you suggesting that we only believe in things that we know for sure, or are tangible? As you said, we once thought we knew and now we realize that we didn't know. And the more knowledge we attain, the more humble we should be about how much knowledge we have yet to attain.

Specifically about astrology, I can't prove it right or wrong, so I simply observe - like I do with most things I don't understand. I am not quick to embrace magic potions, but I am also not quick to cast stones at something that I can make no sense of.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Victor, my darling!

Astrology aside, are you suggesting that we only believe in things that we know for sure, or are tangible? As you said, we once thought we knew and now we realize that we didn't know. And the more knowledge we attain, the more humble we should be about how much knowledge we have yet to attain.

Specifically about astrology, I can't prove it right or wrong, so I simply observe - like I do with most things I don't understand. I am not quick to embrace magic potions, but I am also not quick to cast stones at something that I can make no sense of.
    My dear Jenocyde, "Victor my darling", has quite burst through my defences and I am ready to jump out of an aeroplane with you once again.

But even worse, I am ready to jump into the horoscope with you.

Of course I know you are extroverted and although you are not quick to embrace magic potions I am afraid, "Victor my darling", has worked its magic on me.

So let me confess - my star sign is Aries - and I wonder what the future holds for me - "Victor my darling".

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    My dear Jenocyde, "Victor my darling", has quite burst through my defences and I am ready to jump out of an aeroplane with you once again.

But even worse, I am ready to jump into the horoscope with you.

Of course I know you are extroverted and although you are not quick to embrace magic potions I am afraid, "Victor my darling", has worked its magic on me.

So let me confess - my star sign is Aries - and I wonder what the future holds for me - "Victor my darling".
    My darling, your dear Jenocyde is a Cancer. Read into that what you will.

Still ready to jump?

MBTI
    ENFJ

If we read a memoir, is that wrong?

Perspective is everything.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

My darling, your dear Jenocyde is a Cancer. Read into that what you will.

Still ready to jump?
    As we burst through the door, I wonder, "Who am I jumping with?".

But at 7,000 feet it seems...it seems...a little odd to be jumping into the unknown with...you.

I can hear Rachmaninoff in my ear as the wind rushes past. Or have my senses become disorientated and the air turned to music?

I can't hear a word you are saying. I can't even tell if you are smiling in your helmet. We might as well be under the ocean, but so far above it as we fall towards the depths of the sea.

I can't see your face or hold your gloved hand - and we haven't even pulled our rip cords yet.

For a moment it seems we are standing still and all the world is waiting, pregnant, for us to fall back in. Ah, what I do for you, now at 5,000 feet - both our feet pointing at the Earth and our ears pointing at heaven. And neither of us can hear a thing - we can't hear a word we say. So I practise -

"Do you know", I whisper into the roar of the air, "that my street is called Darling Street, and it is named after you?".

You call me, "Darling", and it comes trippingly off your tongue. But I have named a whole street for you. The trees live in Darling Street, and the traffic, and the birdsong and the flowers.

Would you care to walk down Darling Street with me? Or must we keep leaping and leaping and leaping into nothingness at 7,000 feet?

I wonder what the stars would say?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

"You are finished with worrying about the economy and close relationships. Your surplus energy and happiness grows. A trip is on the cards." -Libra

Great. I'm totally out of money (got only like 10 euros until Friday) and I'm feeling ill. I'd sleep for the whole day if I could.

How's that for a precise horoscope? :|
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'm aquarius, usually the descriptions match me very well. But my sister is also an aquarius and says it matches her very well, and she's an ESFP. And my complete opposite mentally and physically. So horoscope means nada.

MBTI
    IsTP

I've fenced in astrology threads. Comparatively I've wasted a lot of money on things that make me happy in life also.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ENTP

Victor, my darling!

i love you, couldn't put it better myself... but careful, the NT guys will be after you to take your T-ness of you

MBTI
    ENTP

Do you read these for your sun sign or for your rising sign?
    Personally, I only bother with my rising, unless there are eclipses in my sign, it's me being lazy I can read the real mcCoy

its fun