• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Westboro Baptist Church

MBTI Type
INTJ
I heard about this church and watched the film "Jesus Camp" the same week. Frightening. It's amazing to me how the most passionate Christians also seem to be the ones who ignore the teachings of Jesus the most. I can't help but wonder what Jesus would think of them. You know, the guy that befriended prostitutes and hung out with lepers.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I personally think it would be worth a little jail time to beat the hell out of them. Good thing protestors get police protection so frequently. :rolli:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:dry: my aunt, uncle and cousins go to New Life Church in Colorado Springs (Tim Haggard's church) and though they are every meaning of the term Bible thumping Christian I have yet to see them ever have any compassion for the poor... what a fine example they set.

And Westborough is pretty much a joke to people- they're almost cartoonishly evil- mocking other people's grief is VERY against what one would think that a Christian should do

note: I'm merely agnostic- thinking about religon makes my head hurt and seems to be something I'm incapable of :sad:

Sandy

MBTI Type
INFP
If they were coming to my loved one's funeral, someone would have to hold me back, because I may go off and hurt someone.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
note: I'm merely agnostic- thinking about religon makes my head hurt and seems to be something I'm incapable of :sad:

You have missed nothing.
I am quite capable of thinking about religion, and am also an agnostic.
I spend an hour thinking about it, get frustrated, and then wonder what the point even was to thinking about it.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These guys are coming to right outside my base this saturday to protest that dead female marine's funeral. I will be going to check it out.

uggh, they're still doing this? Even after losing their last lawsuit?

Punishment only inspires them more, allowing themselves to claim the mantle of "martyr."

:dry: my aunt, uncle and cousins go to New Life Church in Colorado Springs (Tim Haggard's church) and though they are every meaning of the term Bible thumping Christian I have yet to see them ever have any compassion for the poor... what a fine example they set.

That is disappointing to hear.

Westboro, though, really is a joke... even to most evangelicals. They are representative of no one but themselves.

Mempy

Mamma said knock you out
They're fucking creepy and if they ever went to one of my friends funerals I'm afraid I'd end up arrested for assault! Do they forget the whole thing about "judge not, lest you be judged"?

Good news though! Westboro Baptist Church was sued by the family of someone who's funeral they picketed and were found guilty!
Fag Haters on Tyra

Thank GOD! Exactly. If they were at a funeral of my friend, I'd put one of them on the ground, and they'd have to forcibly remove me. What BASTARDS. What snivelling, cowardly, beastly creatures.

Have you seen this video?

http://thatlitevideosite.com/video/3534

Do they have no compassion whatso-fucking-ever? What the HELL? So we can't make mistakes whatsoever? Some of us are just doomed? Do we not BLEED? These women are so biased and cut off from compassion, but I still think they can change. I think they're just brainwashed.

All I have to ask - do YOU like being hated? Pay attention to the poor fag-hater who feels victimized in this video because she thinks everyone hates her. "They HATE us, they HATE our message, blah blah..." Right. Just fine. And you don't hate fags?

heart

heart on fire
We're still the species that burned witches and heretics. We (as human race) aren't that far removed in time from that.

sassafrassquatch

peedk5.gif
:jesus:

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
Thank GOD! Exactly. If they were at a funeral of my friend, I'd put one of them on the ground, and they'd have to forcibly remove me. What BASTARDS. What snivelling, cowardly, beastly creatures.

Have you seen this video?

http://thatlitevideosite.com/video/3534

Do they have no compassion whatso-fucking-ever? What the HELL? So we can't make mistakes whatsoever? Some of us are just doomed? Do we not BLEED? These women are so biased and cut off from compassion, but I still think they can change. I think they're just brainwashed.

All I have to ask - do YOU like being hated? Pay attention to the poor fag-hater who feels victimized in this video because she thinks everyone hates her. "They HATE us, they HATE our message, blah blah..." Right. Just fine. And you don't hate fags?

This just makes them martyrs for Christ. "They'll hate you because you are mine".

:rolli:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This just makes them martyrs for Christ. "They'll hate you because you are mine".

I hate those self-fulfilling prophecies -- you can't talk reason into people who think that way. They are completely impervious to any sort of criticism or challenge.

My thought has long been:
"Maybe people hate you because you're being a world-class a-hole."

O

Oberon

Look around the world. Religion kills. :doh:

Hmmm. If one were to tally up a body count for religion on one side, and non-theistic human philosophies on the other, I'm not sure the result would strongly support your thesis.

I think the best alternative idea to derive from the exercise would be that humans get ugly when they're driven by ideology of any kind.

hungrypossum

MBTI Type
ESFP
Thats awful guys. Look, I touched God before (i just had to i'm those kinda people who gotta feel to believe)

it happened on a day after service at my church Planetshakers and everyone was dropping on the ground like flies

i was like OOOH COOL! i ran up to the speaker, then he tapped me on the head and down I went!

my legs couldn't feel a thing

you can read my blog post if you want about being slain in the spirit:

Reflect, said the RMIT lecturers.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
oh i felt bad for laughing at the first picture
but now i feel REALLY bad after laughing at the second picture, but LOL.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
They disguist me. I don't think theres anything left to say that hasn't been said. They just make me sick.

@Sassafrasquatch

Ever heard George Carlin's Ten Commandments? He says that saying thou shalt not kill is stupid because more people have died in the name of God than any other reason.

sassafrassquatch

They disguist me. I don't think theres anything left to say that hasn't been said. They just make me sick.

@Sassafrasquatch

Ever heard George Carlin's Ten Commandments? He says that saying thou shalt not kill is stupid because more people have died in the name of God than any other reason.
I have the mp3 of it. The "more people have died because of God/religion" thing is kind of stupid since WWII has the all time high score.