User Tag List

First 12345 Last

I heard about this church and watched the film "Jesus Camp" the same week. Frightening. It's amazing to me how the most passionate Christians also seem to be the ones who ignore the teachings of Jesus the most. I can't help but wonder what Jesus would think of them. You know, the guy that befriended prostitutes and hung out with lepers.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

I personally think it would be worth a little jail time to beat the hell out of them. Good thing protestors get police protection so frequently. :rolli:
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

my aunt, uncle and cousins go to New Life Church in Colorado Springs (Tim Haggard's church) and though they are every meaning of the term Bible thumping Christian I have yet to see them ever have any compassion for the poor... what a fine example they set.

And Westborough is pretty much a joke to people- they're almost cartoonishly evil- mocking other people's grief is VERY against what one would think that a Christian should do

note: I'm merely agnostic- thinking about religon makes my head hurt and seems to be something I'm incapable of :sad:
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

If they were coming to my loved one's funeral, someone would have to hold me back, because I may go off and hurt someone.
    -Sandy
    I - 75% N - 55% F - 55% P - 61%
    Enneagram 4w5

There is love... in the red letters
    There is truth... in the red letters

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    note: I'm merely agnostic- thinking about religon makes my head hurt and seems to be something I'm incapable of :sad:
    You have missed nothing.
    I am quite capable of thinking about religion, and am also an agnostic.
    I spend an hour thinking about it, get frustrated, and then wonder what the point even was to thinking about it.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeatGoesOn View Post
    These guys are coming to right outside my base this saturday to protest that dead female marine's funeral. I will be going to check it out.
    uggh, they're still doing this? Even after losing their last lawsuit?

Punishment only inspires them more, allowing themselves to claim the mantle of "martyr."

my aunt, uncle and cousins go to New Life Church in Colorado Springs (Tim Haggard's church) and though they are every meaning of the term Bible thumping Christian I have yet to see them ever have any compassion for the poor... what a fine example they set.
    That is disappointing to hear.

Westboro, though, really is a joke... even to most evangelicals. They are representative of no one but themselves.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

They're fucking creepy and if they ever went to one of my friends funerals I'm afraid I'd end up arrested for assault! Do they forget the whole thing about "judge not, lest you be judged"?

Good news though! Westboro Baptist Church was sued by the family of someone who's funeral they picketed and were found guilty!
    Fag Haters on Tyra
    Thank GOD! Exactly. If they were at a funeral of my friend, I'd put one of them on the ground, and they'd have to forcibly remove me. What BASTARDS. What snivelling, cowardly, beastly creatures.

Have you seen this video?

http://thatlitevideosite.com/video/3534

Do they have no compassion whatso-fucking-ever? What the HELL? So we can't make mistakes whatsoever? Some of us are just doomed? Do we not BLEED? These women are so biased and cut off from compassion, but I still think they can change. I think they're just brainwashed.

All I have to ask - do YOU like being hated? Pay attention to the poor fag-hater who feels victimized in this video because she thinks everyone hates her. "They HATE us, they HATE our message, blah blah..." Right. Just fine. And you don't hate fags?
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

LMAO. Omg, freaking hilarious!!!
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

heart on fire

We're still the species that burned witches and heretics. We (as human race) aren't that far removed in time from that.