User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Meditation

9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    This is something that I am very interested in learning about and trying. I stress easily and I have a mild heart condition, so I think this would be an excellent tool to get that under control. I've been suppressing a lot lately and I've been experiencing chest pains and heart palpitations. My last doctor visit revealed HBP for the first time ever.

If I want to live a long and healthy life, I must figure out how to flatline this pressure cooker and a lot of people seem to have great experiences with meditation --at worse a neutral indifference. It can't hurt to try.

Anyone have any suggestions or tips?
    My INFJ sis gets a lot out of traditional meditation, it's an easy thing for her to sit down for 30 minutes whenever she wants and centre herself. For me that does nothing, however Tai Chai is the most awesome thing I've ever encountered, I do it for stress relief, it gives me the same centreing feeling my sis gets from meditation but through physical movement. I do enjoy Yoga as well but the movement in Tai Chai is something any other form of relaxation/meditation has not been able to come close to for me.

There are different styles, my preference is the Yang style.

ETA: Oh, and each one of the movements the lady is doing has something associated with it that aids a mind-body connection and stress relief, such as 'sun sinking beneath the earth' etc to represent what the movement could simulate, meaning she's not concentrating on the movement, she's concentrating on the flow and what that movement means. I think it's impossible to be stressed while doing Tai Chai, which is the other benefit I've found over Yoga.

I enjoy meditation as it brings me back to my body from the clouds of the imaginative world.

As i get bored easily i have to alternate with different techniques, be it tai chi, crystal therapy, chakra alignment etc.

I find the process very rewarding and beneficial.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

4w5 sp/sx

I occasionally meditate for calm and for reflection. A few months ago I went regularly to a Zen temple. Buddhist do not meditate for calmness, they are trying to accomplish something entirely different. Going to that place in myself kind of freaked me out. I may have to try it again in a few years.