User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    isfj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default What have you learnt in life?

I have just graduated from university and am in the process of looking for a real job and possibly moving away from my parents for the first time in my life. I feel like a new chapter in my life is about to begin. For those who are older, what advice do you have for someone like me who is about to enter the 'real world'?

This is a very open question - I like wisdom from older people on all aspects of life. If anyone would like to respond - perhaps a few dot points on what you've learnt as you've grown up, whether it be on career/money/family/love/marriage or anything else.

Perhaps you could imagine your own child about to leave home and you only had a few points of advice to give before he/she left - what would you say?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Hi Anabel,

Welcome!

I would advise someone entering the 'real world' to listen to their hearts, regardless of situation. You only have one life to live, and you will never know when the one you love goes- so listen to your heart and tell them what you want to tell them before it's too late.

Always try your best, whatever that may be.

Some people are going to like/dislike you, and that's ok. Not everyone shares the same point of view, and let it be.

Remember that each decision has its own consequences, be sure to weigh out all options, and do what feels right from within.. As long as you're not hurting others along the process, pursue whatever makes you happy.

All the best.
    Likes pinkgraffiti, RobinSkye liked this post

MBTI
    isfj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Thanks kiddykat. I appreciate your advice :-)

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anabel View Post
    what would you say?
    "I'll let you in on a grownup secret now that you are leaving. There are no grownups.. They are just older. Shh, don't tell them I told you."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

"Never take life seriously, you won't get out alive"

The quote above is meant to be funny, but sometimes we get lost in our own agenda that we don't take the time to reflect on our priorities, which is the things that would make us happy. Our goal afterall is happiness. Reseting youself when the day ends and living it one day at a time with a clear vision of a goal is the best way i think to live.

Not making excuses on why something can't be done. I've met people who make excuses on why they can't do something, but really it's only a matter of rethinking and reprioritizing your agenda.

A good method, I think is when confronted with an obstacle you can't overcome, adapting a mindset similar to a person who isn't struggling with said obstacle is very helpful. Not just learning from the person, but reprogramming your mind to think like the person and view the obstacle how he or she views it. Networking with people, very very important.

Welcome to the site btw.
    Last edited by forzen; 11-25-2009 at 12:33 PM.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've learned to find personal meaning from the meaningless.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    SEXY

There's no secret, earn some money, spend your time doing anything (a job, another study, a hobby) and pay your bills and taxes in time and you'll initially be fine. The rest is completely up to you.
    (removed)

MBTI
    enfp

live at home until you marry a good smart church boy. like an INFP engineer or something who lives at home w his parents or close to them and has good family values. whose still idealistic about relationships and will treat you well.

thats what i would tell my future daughter. hehe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Eat healthy, reduce manufactured sugar intake.
    Find ways to chill out, to create stress free zones.
    Surround yourself with positive friends.
    Learn as much as you can and live, love and laugh.
    Likes Noon, SiegfriedSchtauffen, RobinSkye liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Anabel View Post
    I have just graduated from university and am in the process of looking for a real job and possibly moving away from my parents for the first time in my life. I feel like a new chapter in my life is about to begin. For those who are older, what advice do you have for someone like me who is about to enter the 'real world'?

This is a very open question - I like wisdom from older people on all aspects of life. If anyone would like to respond - perhaps a few dot points on what you've learnt as you've grown up, whether it be on career/money/family/love/marriage or anything else.

Perhaps you could imagine your own child about to leave home and you only had a few points of advice to give before he/she left - what would you say?
    Follow your heart. Save your money. Love those around you and they will love you in return.