First 6789 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    LII None

I've learned everything I know. Duh.

Really, I have though. That question is a very vague one, considering that my answer is most likely true for all people. We've learned what we know, and without that, we know nothing. Our knowledge is like the Tower of Babel, reaching up to the heavens as we accumulate more and more bricks of understanding. However, knowledge can also be your downfall, as illustrated in this case. The people of Babel were provoking God to jealousy of his position, and so he struck them down. And so we can be destroyed by our own knowledge, lest we find out something our minds are not equipped to know. Then, we wither away and ironically become insane, aware of nothing at all and yet slowly being killed by the stark realities we used to wake up to everyday, blissfully unaware of what was happening right before our very eyes.

That being said, I'm agnostic, so I just used the Tower of Babel as an example. I also love gathering knowledge, contrary to what may have been implied above- I just placed myself into a different perspective and wanted to see what I would say when thinking in this manner. I do like to impersonate other points of views on specific subjects, especially if that point of view is as credible as my own- indeed, I often contradict myself in arguments, frequently looking at both sides of the debate and bringing in facts that are as much my self-destruct as theirs (destruction). I can't help it, it's as much a part of me as logical reasoning is, as a matter of fact, deriving from that system itself.

I have gotten off-topic yet again, not to mention posting in a thread that's been inactive for months. Whoops, maybe I should stop that- I did it in another forum too. I feel the need to say sorry, although I don't know what for.

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

"You don't always have to like yourself, but you should always love yourself."
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Pinker85 liked this post

I will always be a subhuman worm.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP

How to bake a potato: preheat oven to 425F, poke a few holes with fork in potatoes, grease them up with high heat oil (I like canola or safflower,) sprinkle on kosher salt and bake in oven for 45-60 minutes. My favorite way to eat them is with cheddar cheese and sour cream
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Nothing is fair but nobody wants to hear you bitch about it because it's not fair for them, either.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I've learned someone is always better off than you and someone is always worse off than you, so be thankful and make the best of life. (easier said than done)
    Likes Pinker85, Kheledon liked this post

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Trust your instincts - that gut feeling that tells you to do or not do something. It's only been the last 4 years or so that I've noticed how reliable and accurate my gut feeling has been.

And here's a study about this very phenomenon:

Women’s Wedding Jitters Might Actually Matter

Newlywed wives who were plagued by doubt before the wedding were two-and-a-half times more likely to get divorced four years later than wives who were certain they were making the right choice. And after the four-year mark, couples who originally had doubts but managed not to get divorced didn’t find their marriage to be as satisfying as the doubt-free pairs.
    Senator Rand Paul is alive because of modern medicine and because his attacker punches like a girl.
    Likes Silent, Kheledon liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP

^ In the case of the above, it's difficult to say why the marriages broke up ... but all it seems to say is that someone who doesn't want to do something prior to doing something is more likely than someone w/o that misgiving to not enjoying doing that something. So yeah in that sense trust ur instinct ... the same way u know u want fried chicken and not pork chops for dinner, although I would be equally happy with both.
    "My comrades and my beloved, upon your way you shall meet men with hoofs; give them your wings. And men with horns; give them wreaths of laurel. And men with claws; give them petals for fingers. And men with forked tongues; give them honey words." --Kahlil Gibran, The Garden of The Prophet
    Likes Tellenbach liked this post

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

When you enjoy long hot showers (like me) and you have a wooden frame around your bathroom door, always turn a fan on and leave the door slightly fracked otherwise you will get mold and your mom will rip your Fallopian tubes out in your sleep and serve them to you on a silver platter the morning after she finds out

I'm all for being confident in yourself and your abilities, but if you have to constantly rub your achievements in others' faces when they didn't even want to hear about them in the first place and your method of self-loving is putting yourself above others every time, you're less than you think you are. From experience, the people who scream that they're more attractive than you are actually close in feature to a fish anus, people who run around saying they're the next Einstein are slower than a sloth crawling through molasses, and so on.

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I've learned someone is always better off than you and someone is always worse off than you, so be thankful and make the best of life. (easier said than done)
    I agree with this. Ranking past difficulties or tragedies is a stupid, counter-productive process. It isn't really a contest.
    Likes yama liked this post