User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Finally, I think it funny that Haphazard noted lawyers and accountants as a source of great evil with regard to acquiring venture capital.
    Uh, no, I never said that.

It looks like the original poster may have deleted it, but it wasn't me. I was only saying that if an authoritarian government is the only way for the US to keep its superpower status, then the US will fall behind, because there's no way for that to work.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Uh, no, I never said that.

It looks like the original poster may have deleted it, but it wasn't me. I was only saying that if an authoritarian government is the only way for the US to keep its superpower status, then the US will fall behind, because there's no way for that to work.
    My bad, Modern Nomad stated that, under a post of yours.

I wasn't hating on it, just pointing out that it is a smaller part of the problem than others.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    enfp

My bad, Modern Nomad stated that, under a post of yours.

I wasn't hating on it, just pointing out that it is a smaller part of the problem than others.
    Citizens being able to collectively make smart choices is much more important than the type of democratic flavor you have.

Sometimes though, I think a lot of people in our country has a mild form of mad cow disease already.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Their strength is their weakness. Like Russia (now well endowed with petroleum) China doesn't care about (1) the environment, or (2) human rights. Sure, they can grow as fast as they need to and screw everyone over in the process, but that type of growth is unsustainable in the long run.
    Uh... Since when does the United States care about the environment?
    Yours are the oil companies who retard and buy up alternative fuel research and puts them on ice.
    Yours are the companies destroying rainforests in South America.
    You drive big cars, and you have many of them.
    There are lots of Fossil Fuel power plants in the United States as well, and you are one of the biggest, if not the biggest energy consumer in the world.
    About 50% of the United States power needs are met with coal power.

Energy consumption and GDP per capita

If you take greenhouse gas emissions per capita without land-use change, the United States ends up on 7th place in the world.
    Russia is in at 18th place and China at *drumroll* 72nd!

List of countries by greenhouse gas emissions per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you take land-use change into account, they all look better.
    The United States goes down to 14th place in the world.
    Russia is on 33rd place.
    China is on 121st place.

See?

I really like you, dude, but don't throw stones sitting in that glass house.
    I know the United States is trying to make efforts, but they aren't any better than the Chinese or Russian efforts.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENFJ

The green movement here needs protection. It's a tiny little seedling and it needs love and care, but no, Americans hate it, Americans run over it with their big gas-guzzing destroying SUVs because they all hate it and want to kill it before it starts. Bad, bad Americans. I'm sure our new Chinese overlords will do a much better job than anything the American overlords have ever done
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    The green movement here needs protection. It's a tiny little seedling and it needs love and care, but no, Americans hate it, Americans run over it with their big gas-guzzing destroying SUVs because they all hate it and want to kill it before it starts. Bad, bad Americans. I'm sure our new Chinese overlords will do a much better job than anything the American overlords have ever done
    California is pretty cutting edge when it comes to green movement. In several ways, more advanced than europe or developed asia.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    Uh... Since when does the United States care about the environment?
    Yours are the oil companies who retard and buy up alternative fuel research and puts them on ice.
    Yours are the companies destroying rainforests in South America.
    You drive big cars, and you have many of them.
    There are lots of Fossil Fuel power plants in the United States as well, and you are one of the biggest, if not the biggest energy consumer in the world.
    About 50% of the United States power needs are met with coal power.

Energy consumption and GDP per capita

If you take greenhouse gas emissions per capita without land-use change, the United States ends up on 7th place in the world.
    Russia is in at 18th place and China at *drumroll* 72nd!

If you take land-use change into account, they all look better.
    The United States goes down to 14th place in the world.
    Russia is on 33rd place.
    China is on 121st place.

See?
    Things don't work that way, YLJ. Also, if your grandma had balls, she would be your grandpa.

The reason China's energy consumption per capita is lower than that of the US is because 90% of Chinese population are poor peasants who live in huts, eat grass sandwiches, and shit in a ditch... NOT because China has better environmental standards. If you want to see how Chinese govt feels about the environment, try visiting their country. You will start chocking on the smog as soon as the plane lands, and you won't be able to take a single solid shit because all the food and water supply is poisoned. And this with only tiny fraction of China being industrialized... and its growing daily.

US can certainly make improvements to the way energy is used (i.e. getting over its paranoia of nuclear power and stop giving tax cuts to SUV owners), but comparing Chinese environmental standards to that of the American ones is like comparing John Holmes' dick to Gary Coleman's pinky finger.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

China - the way forward, it most definitely seems.

MBTI
    YaYa

A few thoughts:

China is cognizant of the need for a clean environment. Around 20% of their energy comes from Hydro. However its balanced against the need to keep the economy rolling forward. They need this because historically and today, Chinese rulers were/are scared shitless of the people, of uprising. So back in the 1980s, an unspoken agreement was brokered with chinese public and government; they give up their freedoms if China guarantees huge economic growth.

China inflates the dollar so they have a steady place to export so they can give manufacturing growth/jobs to Chinese people to placate them.

The U.S. does have a bunch of lazy fucks. However, because we are a nation of immigrants, we have unique advantages no other country has. We have unparalleled creativity that comes from diversity. We also have adaptability. Americans will go to any place in the country(arguably the world) or change any skill set they need to get a job or advance. The adaptability that is required for the American Dream is what makes us strong.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    A few thoughts:

China is cognizant of the need for a clean environment. Around 20% of their energy comes from Hydro. However its balanced against the need to keep the economy rolling forward. They need this because historically and today, Chinese rulers were/are scared shitless of the people, of uprising. So back in the 1980s, an unspoken agreement was brokered with chinese public and government; they give up their freedoms if China guarantees huge economic growth.

China inflates the dollar so they have a steady place to export so they can give manufacturing growth/jobs to Chinese people to placate them.

The U.S. does have a bunch of lazy fucks. However, because we are a nation of immigrants, we have unique advantages no other country has. We have unparalleled creativity that comes from diversity. We also have adaptability. Americans will go to any place in the country(arguably the world) or change any skill set they need to get a job or advance. The adaptability that is required for the American Dream is what makes us strong.
    Nice!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro