Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Ya know, the kind where you think to yourself "Why am I here? I can't really come up with a rationale for the continuation of my existence, so why does my life continue?" Do you feel like you are minutiae on the grand scheme of things? Like the Earth is just a speck of dust in the universe's elaborate lasagna dish, and anything having to do with you or the rest of its inhabitants doesn't ultimately affect the rich, bold flavor...
    Yeah, but in the opposite way. "I exist - why does the world ?"
    Reality can destroy the dream; why shouldn't the dream destroy reality?

- George Moore, 1852-1933, Irish Writer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

All the time
    <3

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infj

I went through a bad patch of this about four years ago. Eventually this cleared up. But because of my extreme INFP scores, I am prone to it outburst of it more frequently than I would like. I believe its my very high intuition. I 95%, N 100%, F 84%, P 95%. Maybe I should become an existential psychologist

No. I never had an existential crisis.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I live in a constant existential crisis, but feeling infinitesimally small is not the problem. That is thrilling to me and why I love to look up at the stars and feel terror in the marrow of my bones because I am incomprehensibly small.

My sense of reality is in flux. I was raised in a structured religion and used that framework during my early adult years, but have abandoned it without replacing it with any externally established system. My sense of ideals, reality, morality, is all from inside of me (of course influenced by the outside world, but codified within me as an individual). Sometimes I am at peace in the flux, but sometimes it creates anxiety. I don't know what happens when people and animals die, but i can sometimes feel them. I don't know what it means.

I feel existential isolation and cannot reconcile how one human can actually perceive another. The inner constructs people create of each other creates walls that blind us. Even people I've known and loved my entire life I can see doing this (and I must do it as well), and during moments of stress, the blindness completely overtakes to the point of distortion that it is like no one ever met or knew each other at all. I feel distance, sadness, and ongoing incomprehensibility between people.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post

I had it too many times to count.

Enneagram
    8 sx/sp

Yes.

But without crisis, without conflict, there's no resolution, without conflict; there can be no balance because the opposite principles which root themselves in the psyche of man would have no opportunity to be reconciled, for crisis is a harbinger of reconciliation, a harbinger that people close their ears at their own risk. As psychoanalyst Melanie Klein once put; "Conflict and the need of overcoming it, is a fundamental element in creativeness."
    Mercifulness is not a trait that the weak can possess. The world is full of idiots who like to think that they are merciful in order to forget that they actually are weak.

As an aux Ni user, it's not a crisis. I know that I don't matter in the big picture. It's quite freeing to get over myself, lol.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx