User Tag List

First 1234 Last

They define my life, actually.

MBTI
    XXFP

every once in a while. it's my tertiary. (or at, least in theory. I'm istp. I haven't taken a function order test, so I don't know where it really ranks.)

it could go either way really. so what if it's meaningless. either i can be really depressed or i can just shrug and say "might as well pay attention to what's in front of me, i don't know what it really is but hey, it's there."

i have a running joke with my infj mom where i play the part of some macabre frenchman. "How was your day?" she'll ask. "I searched" I tell her, and wait for a confused look on her face that says "For what?". "For meaning in this black pit of despair, an endless, wandering journey with no beginning and no end. Then I went biking."

She thinks I'm a little shit.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

Not an Ni-user but if I had to choose between Ne and Ni on which I tend to exhibit more, it'd definitely be the latter.

In a nut shell. Yes, these thoughts pass through me lots of time. What's the purpose behind living? Or occasionally the more depressing slant: Why isn't my life like the movies? Why does it seem so rubbish and directionless.

One friend think I'm pessimistic for asking these questions, but for me, it's a very important question that I think all people should seriously question themselves on. Lots of Js are inclined to do things with a purpose, so I'd imagine that this is a topic that comes up frequently within their minds, because if there's no purpose, why do something? Every action requires some form of motivation.

For the non-religious/spiritual. It basically comes down to accepting that we create our own goals, while enjoying the process. And asking ourselves: why do people feel the strong need for a higher meaning to it? Which goes back to the sentence above. =/

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    i have a running joke with my infj mom where i play the part of some macabre frenchman. "How was your day?" she'll ask. "I searched" I tell her, and wait for a confused look on her face that says "For what?". "For meaning in this black pit of despair, an endless, wandering journey with no beginning and no end. Then I went biking."
    Marvelous. Life lessons from an ISTP

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not an Ni user, but rather am a cognizant, sentient human being, and thus being so have most definitely experienced, (and continue to experience), existential crises.

C'mon now!!!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Not an Ni user, but rather am a cognizant, sentient human being, and thus being so have most definitely experienced, (and continue to experience), existential crises.

C'mon now!!!

Was that supposed to be some kind of an implication that I'm assuming only Ni users have existential crises? I was never trying to get at that. I just think that Ni users would probably be the most suited for analyzing/describing the kind of thought processes that define and/or lead to an existential crisis. I'm also interested in seeing how these "crises" are manifested in people that have a strong Ni tilt. Geesh...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Sorry, if I came across hostile.

I just think that any thinking, feeling human being will naturally experience at least one existential crisis in his/her life.

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    Sorry, if I came across hostile.

I just think that any thinking, feeling human being will naturally experience at least one existential crisis in his/her life.

I'm not offended.

And again, I'm sure that non-Ni users will have these same kinds of crises, but I'm willing to bet that Ni people are more capable of understanding/describing/dealing with them, that's all...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Pish-poshesist!!!

Fi users would best be able to describe the existential crises of being human, I would surmise.
    `

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

^^Then go for it, Ms. ENFP...