• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Darwinism vs. Intelligent Design - good take on this issue

Lark

I think this is a bit daft, Darwinism is a totally dated and out moded idea, intelligent design is just warmed over creationism which is dated too, the old movies with James Stewart were he's a school teacher in a court room debating teaching science in school should have finished this.

To be honest I see this a fight back by conservative and time specific Christians, generally literalists, because any thinking Christian would realise that projecting anthropocentric understandings upon to God is heretical and futile anyway.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
I always did enjoy the exotic culinary tastes of the colonies. :D

The British were incredibly inventive: arriving at a swelteringly hot place with virtually no meat eaters. What does a fellow do? He concocts a marinade from local spices that disguises the rankness of the meat.

And it's good for breakfast.

That's evolution.

;)

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
The British were incredibly inventive: arriving at a swelteringly hot place with virtually no meat eaters. What does a fellow do? He concocts a marinade from local spices that disguises the rankness of the meat.

That's evolution.

;)

Ha haaa...

Jolly good..

EDIT: deep down, I'm a sarcastic limey Brit.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8

That's evolution.

;)

And then, you might wonder why the British cuisine is considered to be amongst the worst (if not the worst) in the world.... :rolli:

Despite our efforts to educate them, our northern neighbours never acquired any true notion of taste (or else they wouldn't have invented the infamous roast Lamb with Mint sauce)...

S

Sniffles

And then, you might wonder why the British cuisine is considered to be amongst the worst (if not the worst) in the world.... :rolli:

Despite our efforts to educate them, our northern neighbours never acquired any true notion of taste (or else they wouldn't have invented the infamous roast Lamb with Mint sauce)...

Maybe it's time for Norman Conquest 2.0?

041_bayeux_tapestry_williams_cavalry_go_off_at_a_gallop_postcard.jpg

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE

I had a chat with an old pal some time ago. He is a chef in a restaurant in West London. Apparently, the English were fairly inventive pre-Reformation. The ennui that is English cuisine stems from the conflict between Puritans & the Anglican Church.

;)

S

Sniffles

Apparently, the English were fairly inventive pre-Reformation. The ennui that is English cuisine stems from the conflict between Puritans & the Anglican Church.
Yeah that makes sense. Reject the one truth faith and your cuisine turns to shit.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
"Shit". I say, Pegay.

I think that compliment is highly understated. Profunctory shit would ring a truer chord.

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
By the way, my dear Bananatrombones, isn't it the countess Bathory on your new avatar?

Blackmail!

Gotta catch you all!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah that makes sense. Reject the one truth faith and your cuisine turns to shit.

Well...

If you can explain through theology the common trend between British, Belgian and Israeli cuisines (the only contestants for the most tasteless cuisine ever invented), I'm all ears.

You know, there's a curious French theory that explain that if the Walloons never were accepted as true French (despite being native French speakers), it's because they have adopted the waterzooi. Have you ever been able to withstand the sight of a waterzooi plate? Frankly, my twisted mind can't think of something more depressing and... liquid.

While on the other hand, if Alsatians are French (despite being native German speakers), it's because they invented the Munster cheese. :devil:
On the other bank of the Rhine, it is almost considered as a chemical weapon directly aimed at them.

matmos

MBTI Type
NICE
While on the other hand, if Alsatians are French (despite being native German speakers), it's because they invented the Munster cheese. :devil:
On the other bank of the Rhine, it is almost considered as a chemical weapon directly aimed at them.

Well, there's nothing like a big slice of cheese to take the taste away. With a glass of Port. And a cigar.

In England, the best part of the meal is when it's over. ;)

S

Sniffles

Well...

If you can explain through theology the common trend between British, Belgian and Israeli cuisines (the only contestants for the most tasteless cuisine ever invented), I'm all ears.

Well I suspect it's just part of the larger contrast often seen between Catholic and Protestant cultures; in that Catholic cultures usually tend to have a more festive, sensual, one could even say "erotic" sense of piety that's usually lacking in many Protestant cultures. English historian Christopher Dawson summarised this contrast by stating: "The bourgeois culture has the mechanical rhythm of a clock, the Baroque the musical rhythm of a fugue or a sonata."

Mole

Permabanned
"The bourgeois culture has the mechanical rhythm of a clock, the Baroque the musical rhythm of a fugue or a sonata."

And a country that has had a bourgeois revolution marches to the mechanical rhythm of a clock, whereas countries loyal to the rule of law dance to the musical rhythm of a fugue or a sonata.