User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I just remembered this thread and thought I'd give it a little boost. I've been working on doing a little meditation to get more centered, but am still in the monkey brain phase where I have trouble concentrating enough to even count consecutive numbers, but I'll get there.

Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP

For me, peace would be no anxiety for a long period of time. Due to my OCD, I don't think I've experienced such a state since early childhood.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

A peaceful moment when I went out on a sunny clear sky sitting next to a tree looking out across the lake as my keen senses absorbed the placid surrounds and hear the whistling of the birds, the fluttering of the leaves, the prana or chi energy wafting freely across the air as you breath in the contentedness and sigh. As the wind blows across the water and you hear a ripple, a feeling of calm and relaxation befell, tranquility.

Then again a peaceful moment is one where I'm away from human made noises.

Meditation didn't do it for me though, I have to say that's due to concentration issues. Of which I noticed the more I tried the more focus I did create though it wasn't well lasting. However I did manage to hear everything around me and this wasn't such a good feeling. I started to hear the traffic, other people breathing, body itches, uncomfortable sitting stances, unidentifiable noises etc.

Phantonym

Pure peace to me is peace of mind. In a sense that you're able to think without having to worry about things within yourself and outside of yourself. You just enjoy the experience. This involves other people as well because when I don't have to worry about others and they don't worry about themselves and others either, there is peace.

How to achieve it? Honestly, I have no idea. I think I never will. It might not even be possible. Not fully anyway. But I keep on hoping, searching, placing the pieces to complete the puzzle...

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Peace is where people arent.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

there can not be peace until i am gone. if there ever was a precognition of peace, it wasn't mine.

edit: not sure, if this is peace or utter terror.
    depends, on which side you are on, i guess.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

This might sound odd, but it's the truth.

I am WAY too hyper to be able to meditate.

The only thing that gets me close to being at an equuivalent state of inner peace is total physical exhaustion, especially after a workout at the gym.

If I go there, execute my plan for the workout, and channel all my energy into it rendering myself devoid of all energy by the end (30-45 minutes max, I go at a highly intense rate) then I am more calm than at any other juncture in my life.

MBTI
    ISTx

I've found my inner chi in blackened doom metal. \m/ (-_-) \m/

*eats the head off of a live bat*

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I never really have had much "peace" , I just cannot seem to get my mind to slow down or stop chattering, and the effort makes it non-peaceful for me.

The closest I get to peace has either been (like Halla said) to work out so that my mind shuts off and I am just totally immersed in my body and current moment... OR I've had moments where I have just had the thought rise unbidden in my mind that I am finally happy and that it would be okay if I were to die now -- no regrets -- because I was happy with my life.

... or, the third option I just thought of... falling asleep under the covers in the arms of someone I love.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I feel most at peace and most calm at moments of extreme stimulation or action.