User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

I don't think peace is the absence of negative emotions or preoccupations.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I would be interested to hear what constitutes pure peace for different people.
    I couldn't tell you. It's not what I've been looking for.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Peace would be being able to switch my brain off and get comfy. That's about all it requires with me. If I've strayed further from peace than those two things then I'm either at work (or some other stress filled place temporarily) or something is going wrong and I'm not too far off sorting it out (or retreating to somewhere with more inner peace).
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    ISTx

I would say in a deep sleep is the only place I can find peace then.

I don't know if that's sad or not.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Peace is when I am no longer self-aware but just Being.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Being outside and doing something without other people- I'm a big fan of solo outdoors sports! I'm mostly at peace whenever I can lose myself in an activity though- like cooking- it's a good way to shut off the brain!

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Peace is when I am no longer self-aware but just Being.
    Yep.

It isn't necessarily correlated with my external environment, it's where my mind is internally. If my mind can just turn 'off' and is a blank slate where I'm just there in that moment, 'merging' with the world around me, and accepting it as is, I'm at peace.

I most easily achieve this out in nature, usually by myself just looking at and BEING in the world around me. I greatly appreciate beauty, and after a lengthy hike out in nature, I'm guaranteed to feel much more grounded and happy and calm...and just let go of the 'little things' that can consume me (because everything is little in the big picture ;-)

I can also achieve it when I travel to new places and just soak up everything around me.

And I can achieve it at home simply listening to music, sipping some tea, with my cat sitting in my lap, and candles lit.....

Hmm...I'm thinking I'm most at peace when my Se is fully embraced... :-)

But my hands down 'peaceful place' - place I think about when I'm most crabby and unhappy and dissatisfied - is up in the mountains, by myself. :-)

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    It isn't necessarily correlated with my external environment, it's where my mind is internally. If my mind can just turn 'off' and is a blank slate where I'm just there in that moment, 'merging' with the world around me, and accepting it as is, I'm at peace.
    Of course, the horrible conundrum for me is that, if I am not being self-aware, I'm not really conscious of being at peace... but once I become self-conscious and am thinking about how I'm at peace, I stop being at peace...!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Hehe...yes, that is a problem. But for me, if I'm thoroughly at peace, it's like I'm just there, and nothing can take me out of that state. I'll somehow be aware of the peaceful feeling without overthinking it, I guess...it's like a quick 'Hey, I'm relaxed' feeling, and I don't allow myself to go any farther. ;-) It's like my mental thought just tippy-toes into the surface, and then I walk away. But if I poke around too much, to 'test' whether I'm really at peace....then that's going to far and it'll be ruined. You have to be careful with these things.

Actually this just happened to me this past weekend - the entire weekend, I was ZEN. I love it when that happens. I told my friend it's like my mind was a mountain pool without any ripples, and there was absolutely nothing external to me that caused any ripples. I was aware I was calm and ZEN the entire two days....and boy, I just rolled around in that feeling, it was so awesome.

But yeah..unfortunately it's gone now. I'm back to the usual 'brain is on' state. :-)

Oh - and another good way to STAY at peace is to not participate in internet forums and constantly question how you act and why you act that way. hehe.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Nothing complicated really.

Peace for me would be to feel no imposed obligations and no worries about anyone I love.