User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

We're all hypocrites.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

you're all new age hippies.
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Circle View Post
    Good questions. Let's start with the science and move into the parallels after...

"white is the combination of all the colors of the visible light spectrum. If all the wavelengths of the visible light spectrum give the appearance of white, then none of the wavelengths would lead to the appearance of black. Once more, black is not actually a color. Technically speaking, black is merely the absence of the wavelengths of the visible light spectrum. "
    -The Electromagnetic and Visible Spectra

When you look up into the sky at night, most of what you see is space. When people hear the word space they often think about being in an environment like my astronaut avatar. If you think about it, what is space? It is literally just that, space in it's purest form. If someone tried to give me a free couch, I'd have to tell them I couldn't take it because I don't have enough floor space--I don't have enough nothing to add something. Technically, this isn't pure space, because it is occupied by atmospheric gases, which are also something. This is why space is considered a vacuum (compared to our pressurized atmosphere) because molecules naturally disperse from an area of high density to little or no density.

Oh well, it was probably covered with mystery stains and smelled like stale Doritos. Anyways, if space is absolute nothingness, then the vast black night sky is mostly nothing. It looks like it could be something, because we can replicate the color black on an object or paper and still touch and feel it. Considering all of this, does it make sense to refer to darkness as something rather than nothing? Does it make sense to say you are observing darkness rather than an absence of light? Similarly, we must define other things in relation to what is rather than what it is not. 1+1=2. It would take me an eternity to tell you every number 1+1 does not equal. Once we recognize that there is only a single right answer to any question then we can begin to classify everything else in relation to that.

"But Circle, haven't you heard there is more than one way to skin a cat?" Yes, there is more than one way of accomplishing something, but that is like saying there is more than one answers that are "pretty close" to a complex math problem. You can find the right answer through trying other answers that are wrong, but to seek wrong answers on purpose will in no way help you reach the right one any faster.

Dark and light do not "balance" each other out. There is what is [right, true, good] and what is not. What is cannot equal what is not, 1=/=0. Balance is only obtained through equal amounts of what exists. Also, I think the belief that we are in a state of universal balance or will ever reach one is the greatest assumption of all.
    i agree completely...darkness is absence of light yep...nice post.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    We're all hypocrites.
    wth why do you say that?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    No.
    Well, then it seems to me that if you won't even try to explain your position and you're just going to make arbitrary assertions, YOU'RE the one spouting bullshit.

Either make an effort at telling us where YOU think the evil comes from, or just stay out of it. You don't have any right to judge our answers when you haven't even attempted to create one of your own. Intellectually lazy wop.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Either make an effort at telling us where YOU think the evil comes from, or just stay out of it.
    This sounds like a demand. How very matriarchal.

You don't have any right to judge our answers when you haven't even attempted to create one of your own.
    I disagree. The smell of bullshit needs no explanation.

Welcome to your own trap.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, then it seems to me that if you won't even try to explain your position and you're just going to make arbitrary assertions, YOU'RE the one spouting bullshit.

Either make an effort at telling us where YOU think the evil comes from, or just stay out of it. You don't have any right to judge our answers when you haven't even attempted to create one of your own. Intellectually lazy wop.
    Quoting your post, so there is a record of it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    I disagree. The smell of bullshit needs no explanation.

Welcome to your own trap.
    Well, I would disagree that there's such a thing as the "smell of bullshit," and that a person who calls it has no need to explain themselves.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. We're starting from different assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Quoting your post, so there is a record of it.
    Thank you, but I had no plans to edit it. I was serious. I meant what I said.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Perhaps it is because we are the wimpiest of the apes and cannot survive independently. We have no fur, claws, fangs, our skin is thin and easily given to rashes, and our muscles are only a fraction as strong as our cousins even in the most powerful of our kind. Because of this human beings have an insecurity that resonates at their core and so their outlook is primarily defensive and over-reactive.
    What she said :/
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INFP

People tend to have a public face and a private face. The public face serves as a barrier -- to keep the predictable in and the unpredictable out. Evil is the product of the public face going from independent to parasitic.